PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla 3/6

NoSlack
03-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Looks like the leader board needs updating.

Scott, if you didn't fish the weekend and score some points, it's time to step down off the podium and start playing catch up.

March 6th, La Jolla, surface iron, #21-3 Yellowtail
http://www.bocaboard.com/data/noslack/21-3_Yellow.jpg

DOGHOUSE26
03-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Very Nice Mikey! Now you can concentrate on the WSB Slot! I heard the yakers were getting a few, did you see any? Did you get a chance to see if the Humbolts ate all the reds?

That one is going to be tough to beat for awhile! Fresh Yellow should go good with bugs; is Weds the last day?

NoSlack
03-07-2005, 07:13 AM
As we feared, the reds are gone. I'm sure the squid made a clean sweep from Dana to the border.

Are original plan was to fish the WSB, but we arrived an hour late just as things we settleing down. Saw 2 spots of big fish break. Ran up on the first one and the Bro in-law bird nets the reel. Re-load and shot for the second, 2 cranks of the handle and he's on.

A small seal grabbed the tail after a few runs, thought for sure we were going to lose the fish. When he came up for air I ran him over with the boat and that made him drop the fish so we could get some line back.

The seal came back after catching his breath and we had to repeat the "mow down the brown" tactic. We sunk the gaff in the fish on the second high speed pass and pulled it in the boat. Just another day fishing with the seals in La Jolla.

Mike

yellowfin1
03-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Yikes Ouch!!!

I thought I would be safe up there in the lead for a couple days at least until I could get out Wednesday and score my yellow or WSB. I guess at this point I better take even a calico to keep me up there. Congrats, nice fish.

Scott

Moo Fish
03-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Double Whammy with the Bugs off limits. BTW, what was the final body count for TeamNoSlack????

RT

NoSlack
03-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Bug season ain't over till the 16th. I think were sitting at 450 and some change on the little critters, with 1 more good pull on the schedual.

No points for lobster, so it's time to turn my attention to the WSB and T-sharks. Came up with a big ZERO on both of those last year, don't plan on that happening this time around.

Mike

Wizard
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Lobster net puller for rent! Cheap. :D

DOGHOUSE26
03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Gas,diesel, or beer driven puller? :confused: