PDA

View Full Version : Customs after fishing in Mexico?

saltwaters
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I'll be fishing in Mexican waters this weekend. This is new to me as I have only taken a boat into Mexico from Dana Point and we were very far offshore.

1. Is it necessary to go to customs when re-entering US waters and do you guys always do this?

2. Where is customs, SD or MB?

3. I guess we have to fill out a declaration (I can print one from the MBMC site) Is there anythink else?

Who else is fishing down there this weekend?

Thanks

Bill

Wizard
03-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Launching/returning from/to San Diego or going all the way down and back from Dana Point?

If Dana Point, relax and enjoy the trip.

yellowfin1
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Bill,

If you will be fishing within 12 miles of the Mex coast line (territorial seas) then you are suppose to check in with customs upon returning to the U.S. If you have nothing to claim then you may be able to clear customs by just contacting them on the radio or phone. If you have fish you must fill out the papers and are suppose to physically go to them. They are located at the south end of Shelter Island in S.D. Bay.

Good luck,

saltwaters
03-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Wizard, My last boat was located in Dana Point. The new boat is in Mission Bay. I'm much closer to the fish now.

Bill

Knot Now
03-16-2005, 08:44 PM
If you fish the 43 you don't need to go in, but if you fish the 9 mile bank you should and the chances of being met by the Home Land Security Boat are very good.
Phil