PDA

View Full Version : Spring BBQ

Nomad
03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
OK Boy's, time to start planning the Spring BBQ. Somebody nominate a date and lets get the thread going!

NoSlack
03-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Saturday April 30 or Sunday May 1.

Most of the month of April I'll be tied up at work 6 or 7 days a week. I could always cut out for a few hours on the weekend in the middle of the month, but I would be traveling light without my BBQ.

ps I'm down to 10 lobsters in the freezer so don't start drooling over the prospects of another lobsterpalooza pig fest.

Mike

Professor
03-24-2005, 03:16 AM
No lobster??????? Did you say not lobster??????? You certainly don’t expect us to have to go from those delicious tasting crustaceans to the foul jumbo Humbolts do you? This is terrible news. It’s further compounded by the fact you have more lobster in the freezer than I have rock cod in the freezer. This is not getting the spring festival off to a very good start.

The 4/30, 5/1 dates probably work for me, as does 5/7. After that my dance card is getting pretty full. I’ve got a trip to Sedona and then it’s off to La Paz for probably the last time. I’m working on a new permanent home for the Patrón in Mexico.

Knot Now
03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
I would like to get some last minute fishing in for April.
Phil

hijole
03-25-2005, 06:14 AM
A Sunday is probably the best day. I think Mike should either go out again before the BBQ otherwise we'll just have to drink. If not, the first 10 people who arrive get first choice. For those of you who didn't make the last BBQ I had a tail from the BBQ, one from steamer and one deep fried. I think I was able to make about 3 tacos from each one since I was taking pictures. I was low man I saw others pig out with more. The deep fried one was much better than the tails at Puerto Nuevo. El Patron knew just what to do with them in the oil.

Nomad
03-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Wait a minute Hijole, several of us saw lobster tails sticking out of your pockets and where not sure but there may have been one under your hat too!

hijole
03-25-2005, 09:44 PM
You are probably right. I saw others eating more than I had stuffed in my pockets.
I just went to Tecate today and bought a huge bottle of tequila for a mixer.