PDA

View Full Version : Monster Sunday

yellowfin1
03-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Fished solo on Easter Sunday afternoon/evening at the 9 mile bank and the Coronados. Ran into Phil (Knot now) at the fuel dock weighing in his catch from Saturday. A nice boccacio and a huge bonito (9.8 lbs). Off to the nine for a shot at the bonito I went. Arrived out there and there was Russ and Mark (I think) they would not respond on the radio. Found the bonies puddling everywhere and positioned just up wind of them. Let the jig fly and it was instant bendo. After 12 couple minutes I boated a big bonito which later went 10.3 lbs on the scale. Caught and released two more. Biggest bonito I'd ever caught. Moved to te Coronado Islands and anchored up for a relaxing evening. Started chumming giant squid chunks and flylining sardines. At about 5:00 PM a big boil erupted and the monster bass went crazy. First fish was an easy 5lber. Took pics and sent her back thinking that was the biggest bass I've caught in a while. Two minutes I'm on again and this one feels good too. Pulled up on ethat was even bigger than the first. This one hit the scales at 5.8 lbs. For the next hour I released at least 6 more 4-5lb calicos and kept one for the dinner table. Whar a great Easter evening. Antways they are there but, just remember that they are on the spawn and grow slow so, please just keep enough for your family to eat and release the rest.

Later,
Scott

Time Out
03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Scott

We did see a blackman on the nine we never heard you on the radio what channel are you on 69 for us we spoke to Dan at his house and to Phill at the slip did not mean to snub you.

Sounds like you had a great day

Russ

Nomad
03-29-2005, 08:25 AM
They used to snub me too. They kept telling me it was my radio but I know it was just a snub. Now that I'm in the Blackman Alumni Group (B.A.G., a new category) they've confiscated my receiver and thrown me off J Dock. Oh, the pain, the pain....

Knot Now
03-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I was just told by a friend that I sound "FUNNY" on the radio.
Don't know if that is good or bad.
Phil

Time Out
03-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Charlie

What do you mean used to. If we snubed you when you owned a blackman what makes you think will talk to a Reviera owner.

Nomad
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I knew it!!!

NoSlack
03-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the jumbo bass action. I'm looking to make this coming weekend a 3 day fishing bonanza and some action like that sound right up my alley.

I have Saturday set aside to help Glenn get out of the cellar with some T-Shark points. I hope he hooks a monster so I'll have plenty of time to relax, enjoy a beer or two and take in the show.

Mike

p.s. Charlie are you and the other new members of the Blackman Alumni Group going to participate in the BOCA tournament?

Nomad
03-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, I have to respect the original intent for the club and tournaments to be for Blackman Owners. But that being the case, if invited by the membership at large as a member of the alumini I would love to participate.

BTW, looks like I'll be developing a site for Steve and Blackman Boats. I own the rights to BlackmanBoats.com and will be transferring that to Steve. Look for the site over the next month or so.

Wizard
03-29-2005, 08:02 PM
I have Saturday set aside to help Glenn get out of the cellar with some T-Shark points. I hope he hooks a monster so I'll have plenty of time to relax, enjoy a beer or two and take in the show.

Looking forward to it. Going to see if I can let a fish kick my arse while giving Mike a good laugh or two.

Charlie, That is cool about you giving the domain name to Steve. Sure would be nice to see more involvement from the shop in our club somehow.

DOGHOUSE26
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
they don't even have a computer at the shop! :(

Nomad
03-30-2005, 06:53 AM
They have one now.

To The Limit
03-30-2005, 07:24 AM
I guess there is no way that they will ever talk to a Uniflite owner if they won't talk to an upscale Riviera guy!!!!!!!!!!