PDA

View Full Version : Paint or vinyl stripe??

nalani
04-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Has anyone had the trim around the hull and flybridge either painted or redone any other way? I have a 91 billfisher and the stripe is fading away.
any help will be appreciated. also have any of you had any work done by driscolls in mission bay?

NoSlack
04-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I re-striped my boat 4 or 5 years ago with pin stripping I bought from an automotive paint supplier.

My hull stripes are 1 3/8" blue on the bottom, 3/8" white, 3/8" blue and an 1 3/8" white on the top. The flybridge also has a 3/8" stripe around it.

The paint shop ordered a 2" wide roll of each color and had it cut to the widths I needed by their supplier.

4 or 5 years later most of it looks as good as it did the day I put it on. The front of the flybridge were the sun beats most of the day, has some areas that look like a clear coat is bubbling on the tape.

My only suggestion would be, do a little research and see if there are better grades of tape to use for the marine application.

Mike

sbsrf
04-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Welcome Nalani, I had Blackman Raise the water line 2 inches last year, including a re-stripe of the hull and flybridge. They used vinyl and it looks great. Good luck.

nalani
05-01-2004, 02:06 PM
?