PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Set of A5 or A4 props

Wizard
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Been running B series, want to try A series and compare performance and if it reduces cavitation noise in some swells.

Buy or borrow.

Knot Now
04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Glen,
One of my spares is a set of A5s, you are welcome to try them. I am not sure they have not been repitched, but they have less pitch than my used A3s which the PO said had been repitched. I also had a set of NEW A3s which I am now running (I guess they aren't NEW anymore) which do have less pitch then the other A3s... As judged by the loss of Speed at a given RPM (both idle and 3000). I offered to let someone else try them, but he wants to buy them and I am not sure I want to sell unless I can get a set of C3s or C4s.

Phil
619 276-5478

DOGHOUSE26
04-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Glen,

Do you still have my 4 blade A4 prop I let you try out; I think (not exactly 100% sure) the only difference between A4s and B4s is the 4th blade on the rear prop. I believe they are the same pitch. If you are done with the 4 blade please send it back.

Wizard
04-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I still have your 4-blade A prop you lent me. I wanted to try it out, but was always concerned about mounting it with a B front prop and having a true test. I brought it to the last BBQ to give back and missed you.

Props are easy enough to change at the ramp to do tests, so I'm glad to try out the A5s you have Phil, then if they work, I can get someone to confirm what pitch they really are. San Diego Props has the pitch blocks and I wouldn't think it would be hard for them to determine.