PDA

View Full Version : Mexican License

hijole
04-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I went to Squidco yesterday to buy my licenses (fishing & boat) for Mexico. They told me that tackle shops will no longer be able to sell boat licenses with Coast Guard documentation. He told me that a Mexican boat license will have to be purchased at the Mexican Consulate (4th and Laurel) or at special licensing agencies that document boats (for a fee).
Tackle shops will only be able to sell licenses for boats with a regular state registration.
At the Consulate my fishing license was $42.70 and the Hijole was $65.10. If you go remember to have a Money Order or Cashiers Check made out to, “Oficina de Pesca/Conapesca”. The Money Order cost me $1 at the 7-11.
There is a U.S. Mail Box business across the street and a 7-11 down the street . They open from 8 to 1:00 and they will answer your call at 619-233-4324. I would call before you go since the info can change.

Nomad
04-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I used Donna Jenkins for the liscense when I documented the new boat. Not sure what their fee is if you don't use their other services.

yellowfin1
04-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Hijole,

Thanks. That's good info to have. I'd hate to go to the tackle shop the afternoon before a big Mex trip only to find out that you can't get it there anymore.

Scott