PDA

View Full Version : #0, Communication

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 06:39 AM
#0, Communication
Posted by noquestion25 on Apr-21-04 at 07:49 AM

Do any of the members have any other types of radios(other then standard VHF) on there boats. I dont know about you guys, but when I am out fishing tuna there is nothing more anoying then here some of the goons who are out on the water. As many of you know there are radios that can split channels, or just utilize different frequencys. If any one has this type of radio, would you like to share a frequency that we could talk securley on. Let me Know!
No Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Communication
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Apr-21-04 at 08:27 AM
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-04 AT 03:13 PM (PST)

Your best bet is to just monitor a different channel than 72. 69 used to be clean however all the buddyboater idiots use it for an alternate channel; I generally stay on that one and use 65 for marlin dope, 8 for spotter airplane dope 18&19 for Mission Bay Sporty dope. I have a Standard Omni with a scrambler chip to communicate with selective boats. Maybe we should have a Blackman Channel ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Communication
Posted by Nomad on Apr-21-04 at 11:23 AM
In response to message #1

I agree, I have the same functionality. Anybody know whats involved in setting up a Blackman channel?

#3, RE: Communication
Posted by noquestion25 on Apr-21-04 at 12:40 PM
In response to message #2

If you have a 2 meter radio we could choose a frequency and work it on that given one. This type of radio you are able to dial in what ever channel you want. Benefit is that it is out of the bandwith of a traditional VHF.
No Question

#4, RE: Communication
Posted by moo fish on Apr-21-04 at 02:37 PM
In response to message #3

WHAAAAAAAAATSSSSUUUUUPP!!

I'm only kidding....rt

#5, RE: Communication
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Apr-21-04 at 03:12 PM
In response to message #4

I wish I was kidding too but the next knock on your door will be 2 men in dark suits with FCC badges. After you make bail there will be 15,000 angry wackos with portable PA microphones in your front yard screaming 24 hrs. a day just to make you feel like your on a boat.
Hope I'm kidding!

I'd like to be there the day they find that idiot!

#6, RE: Communication
Posted by noquestion25 on Apr-21-04 at 04:53 PM
In response to message #5

COPY!