PDA

View Full Version : mighty quiet around here...

Nomad
05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
so whats up you guys. All these members and nobody with anything to say?

NoSlack
05-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I ran into Doug "Captain Hook" at the ramp on Tuesday and he ask what happened to the BBQ.

Are you still thnking about putting one together this spring?

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
05-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I've been lurking not posting for the past 2 weeks, just received a new outdrive from Outdrive Exchange on Friday. My intermediate casing developed a hole in the case due to corrosion/electralysis in the exhaust channels; where the stainless oil tube passes through linking the upper and lower cases I had a leak which swapped oil for water over a 2 day hard fishing weekend. Ate up everything as it became locked in forward on my next attempted bait run. Replaced the bell housing as well(4400 hrs and sloppy), sent the injectors out to Advance Diesel, will install this week. They said one would not close off which explains my smoke @ idle. Need to paint the drive, raise the waterline, and get started on the teak. Might need a radar tune up as well, we'll see how bad the fog developes. On a short time frame as things are starting to heat up. Looks like Glenn gave us some good PR over the weekend fishing yellows at the 302; he called in a BB to a hot paddy and the BB's son took his first yellow - Way to go Glenn! Can't wait to hunt a little WSB, the slimer counts are going up and the local croakers aren't far behind them. You guys can chase that tuna @ $3 a gallon all you want, until it's plug the boat fishing I ain't chasing! Although a little yellowtail on the barby sounds awfully good right now! Go get them!

yellowfin1
05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Hmmm, Nobody fishing but, Glenn? Is it the cost of fuel, mechanical problems, or honey do lists? No Slack too much work lately? I know as soon as you hit the water we are all in trouble and there won't be a safe halibut anywhere. And Charlie with that new pretty yacht, when do we all get an invite to help christen that thing? As soon as I finish this grueling work week and this little low pressure blows by I am all over the fish. Three times a week at least. Of course I 'll be holding yard sales to sell anything that isn't nailed down so that I can afford the fuel. Knot Now is on the water every time I get out. I don't beileve he really has a job as he is always out there. He must have a sugar mama. Any of you guys interested in early afternoon weekday runs to the local banks (302/425/371)? I especialy need experienced anglers who can put some points on the boat for me (Ok not really). I did see Pepe on Saturday pulling the Hijole down the freeway. I think he is secretly catching tons of fish and not sharing the info? Hijole was riding low on the trailer, possible due to a full fish hold? Doghouse has outdrive problems? Hopefully he's up and running soon so we can start getting some marlin reports on those expensive vibrating disco light lures. Doug (CAPN Hook) is being quie too. Secrets Doug? Professor is probably somewhere off of East Cape in a hot wahoo bite and can't report because his satellite computer system is being jammed. All of these guys with great fishing machines it's hard to believe that nobody is fishing. Are the Blackman owners too responsible and taking care of family and work commitments instead of fishing? Anyways the season is rapidly heating up and hopefully we'll start getting some more BOCA reports soon. Good fishing to all.

Scott (Tenacious)

DOGHOUSE26
05-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Was that the " satellite computer system" on the boat or the home station ? LOL :D

Nomad
05-09-2005, 09:08 PM
I have spent most of my available time rigging the boat or chasing my sons baseball team. Hopefully will start to get time on the water soon. Plan to have a little boatwarming party within the next few weeks.

Wizard
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
I just got my boat back in the slip after doing several weeks of maintenance. I didn't go out this past weekend. Turns out the Blackman that called in the kid and dad to catch his first YT was BiminiTwist on a tan 23' Blackman... just FYI

SO... let's go fish. I'm ready for a Catalina run overnighter for my first WSB.

DOGHOUSE26
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Glenn,

Did the new props perform better?

Charlie,

We are a little disappointed in your choice of words in your post; instead of within , we thought it more appropriate to insert words such as during, throughout, or every day . At least work an every other week deal with that To The Limit crowd to keep it flowing , they really need to step up to the plate!

Wizard
05-10-2005, 01:12 AM
I like the way the A series props (A4s) feel and hole-shot better then all the B series I ran last year. However, ideally, I need A5s. I can hit WFO without even coming up to operating temp, and do 27 knots too easy. I'll probably run with these this season until I find a set of A5s for a good price, or break down and buy a new set. Got lots of B series sets to ebay now though, since I am convinced on A props for Blackmans, regardless of the fact I have a bigger motor.

So who wants to do a Cat run overnight soon? :D

Dos Pelones
05-10-2005, 07:19 AM
When the swim season ever ends, CIF finals are Sunday, I'll get to fish and dive finally. Planning a San Quintin run next week.
Wizard, I have an extra set of A-5's in great shape if you are interested. Couple of bones and they are yours. Also have a volvo alternator if anyone wants a spare or needs one.
Still can't figure out where to get a solenoid for the spare starter. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
Jorge

DOGHOUSE26
05-10-2005, 08:39 AM
27 knots yeah baby! :D

Knot Now
05-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I have not been out fishing as my Dad was in the hospital. He is out now and beginning to get his appetite back...

I will be fishing overnight this weekend (302,390,cross)... maybe tomorrow (Wednesday) also.

Glen,
If you need crew to Cat, I am available next weekend.

Memorial day weekend is SCI again....

Phil

Wizard
05-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Jorge,

I am very interested in gettting the spare set of A5 props you mentioned. I am also interested in the alternator, if it fits mine. Can you get me the numbers on your alternator? When's a good time to meet up?

Thanks.

Glenn

Dos Pelones
05-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Glen,
No numbers on the altenator. Volvo factory paint job covered the decal and my graffiti remover revealed a blank. Came off the 41P. 2" single foot style. Made in France. Dual belt. Original unit. Approx. 500 hours. Made in France.
Repalced it with a Balmar 120 Amp externally regulated unit.

I am in Dana Point area. Mornings are good and could meet in Oceanside during the week? Let me know, or I can ship it. Thanks.
Jorge

Dos Pelones
05-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Nice meeting you Glenn. Hope the props work for you.

Did you get out to Catalina? We went Sunday and did a couple of dives. The kelp beds/reef east of Arrow point were very fishy. Lots of nice calicos but we didn't see or hear any croakers. Maybe next time.

Jorge

Wizard
05-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Jorge, we did go to Catalina all weekend, including spending the night on the hook and fishing all night for WSB that DON'T EXIST!!!! LOL

I probably won't try the props out until the next time I pull the boat out of the water for a combination of maintenance again.

Wish I had known you were out there, would have tried to say hello. We fished every other thing from Seal Rocks on the east end, all the way up to Silver Canyon, and even a couple drifts over Farnsworth. Other then mud marlin, a leopard shark, Sandies and small calicos, nothing.

Do you scuba or free dive? I have all my free diving gear.