PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Offshore Saturday

yellowfin1
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I plan to launch early AM Saturday (2:00 AM) make some bait (mackerel hopefully) then fish south of the kidney bank in search of YT/albies or whatever. Any BOCA guys can give me a call for a report or better yet provide me with hot bite info.

Tenacious

NoSlack
05-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Good luck Scott. I'll be at work again on Saturday.

Hope to get out on Sunday and score a few point.

DOGHOUSE26
05-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I have to work Saturday too, 1PM start until ? Installed the new drive, O/H injectors, raised the waterline in the rear 2 inches; checked the drive today, they shipped it with drive oil, but the mark is way up looks like it is overfilled. It's in the down position at my yard, hope it burps overnight, if the level is still up I'll have to drain it down before launching. Just afraid of not having enough oil from the start on the new unit. I'll yell for you early Mike, I think I'm La Jolla bound.

hijole
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
On this drive don't be so cheap and put new zincs on it. Or they might last longer if you paint them.

DOGHOUSE26
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I get no respect - HA HA you're probably right you bast&#d :mad: ; word gets around fast! Go ahead, tell me you found a new drive on eBay for a grand while you're at it!

DOGHOUSE26
05-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Tough work yesterday, couldn't talk myself into an early start today. Pick up the boat @ 10AM; rewire the bilge pump floats, and off to splash the boat and check the new outdrive. Was going to pull back out anyway to get the boot stripe redone this week as we raised the waterline 2 inches. Get down to the Dana ramp madness; the place is packed ! We head down an aisle to the ramp and find a tri-axle Pacific trailer blocking the exit to the ramp. Full parking each side so now I have to back the rig up all the way to the parking lot entrance. Junior says wait a minute and proceeds to push the trailer out of the way into the construction area. We pull through and back up to launch, I crack 3 injectors to bleed the lines. When I close the injectors the starter begins to fade and the motor doesn't start; I smell that familiar burned starter smell! :mad: Oh well 45 miles back up to the Vista storage lot, pull the starter, maybe get back in the water next week. My ass is so sore from digging into the wallet the past 2 weeks I really didn't get excited; I'm going through one of those "if it can go wrong it will" periods in my life. I just hope it clears up before the fish really start biting. If there is a God, I realize now he wants me to die a slow cruel death instead of the 2 quick chances I dodged earlier this year. :o

yellowfin1
05-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Jeff,

Sorry to hear about the streak of misfortunes. I don't think your missing very much right now. There were some yellows on many of the paddies that we found but, they were not in a biting mood. They would boil on the free swimmers (chum) but would not touch one with a hook in it. Even dropped down to straight 20lb with no leader and a 1/0 hook on some very good baits. Ended up the day with 2 yellows after sighting over 50 fish. One 11 lbs, the other 9 lbs. Heard a few reports of albies at the 390 but it didn't sound like any epic bites were happening. Knot Now was on the water (go figure). Sounds like he did better than we did. He's going to be a big threat in the leader board.

Scott

Knot Now
05-16-2005, 08:01 AM
I was on the water this weekend. :) We got 7 yt and 1 albacore on Saturday. Only 250 miles for the loop of 43, mushroom, 60 mile, 378, 390, 371, 425, islands, 302, 182 and HOME
The only place we found biters was south of the 390. Should have fished the bottom at the 60 mile bank, but it was my fist time there and I have no idea as to the number to fish...The ocean was was flat and we had a great time staying overnight at the islands.
Phil

yellowfin1
05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Nice job Phil,

Kudos to you guys for hitting all of those spots. I heard that guy call out the numbers for the area SW of the 390 and talked myself into thinking I was gonna get them near the 302. Oh well. Hopefully those albies will be filling in on the local banks too. We stopped on over 10 paddies which were holding decent yellows but, could not get them to eat a bait with a hook in it. They would boil all over the chum though. I've never had that happen before.