PDA

View Full Version : Aros Trailer Question

Mac Attack
05-13-2005, 07:38 PM
I found what appears to be a extremly clean almost new Aros #12,000 lbs. trailer. The seller states it has no more than 1000 miles on it, has been stored inside while his Blackman was in a slip. It is a 1998. My question is, the trailer was built for a Outerbanks model with a direct drive. My Billfisher has a duo-prop. Will this application still work for me. I need a new trailer, the price seems right. I know the hull is more than likely the same. Will the boat sit much higher? Any thoughts

Mike
Mac Attack

Wizard
05-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Boat will sit higher.. Outerbanks trailer has a tunnel between the bunks. I can only assume the bunks are installed much higher to clear the prop and shaft. But hull shape on the bunks might be ok, and nothing wrong with higher, if it tows ok.

Example of difference. I had to remove 2 feet of bunk on my Billfisher Aros trailer just to install a transducer this year. In other words, I couldn't have a 4" transducer hanging down without removing part of a bunk and cutting off the metal braces. So an Outerbanks with an inboard must be a tunnel. I had a smaller inboard diesel boat before my Blackman, and it sat high higher then my current Blackman which is an outdrive now.

If seller is serious, put your boat on it and tow it around the block and down the freeway a couple miles first.

Mac Attack
05-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks Glenn:

My #10,000 lbs. trailer is in need of some work.Springs and axles. I hope it works out. Plus I prefer dual axle instead of a triple.

Mike
Mac/Attack

Time Out
06-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Mike did you buy the trailer??

Russ

Mac Attack
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Russ:

I 've been away attending school. I have not had a chance to look at it. Sounds like a good buy. It's the one advertised in W.O.N.

Mike
Mac Attack

Time Out
06-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Mike

Marc and I are thinking about selling our trailer we never use it. Its like new four wheel disc brakes its also built for an inboard custom fitted for the Blackman Hull
its a Pacific trailer if you would let me use it one or two days a year I think we can make you a hell of a deal let me know if you are interested.

Russ

Sleigher
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I decide to bite the bullet and order a new trailer and now there's trailers all over the place!
I talked to the guy who has the AROS trailer. It is 10,000 lbs not 12,000.
I decided to pass on that one. If I was going to spend some money I wanted one that would protect my prop and rudder unlike the AROS. Plus, it has drums.
Oh well, I already gave AB Trailers a deposit otherwise I'd be real interested in your Pacific.
I have pictures of it, don't I?

Peter

Mac Attack
06-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Russ: Is your trailer rated at #10,000 or #12,000 lbs?Is it galvanized ?I was under the impression from talking to the owner who is selling the Aros trailer that it is a #12,000 trailer. From reading Peter's post it sounds like its a #10,000 lbs. trailer. That will definitly change my mind. I am looking for a heavier duty #12,000 lbs. dual axle trailer.
Russ if you do decide to sell your trailer, either to me or someone else, you will aways be welcome to borrow my trailer.

Thanks Mike
Mac Attack

DOGHOUSE26
06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Russ,

You told me you only use your wife once or twice a year, is she for sale too? :eek:

Time Out
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I wish it was twice a year

Did they find your truck I hid it pretty good ??

Time Out
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Mike

The trailer is Gal. and its 10,000 lbs

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
No Russ they haven't found it yet and I hid your boat thanks for asking. Let me give you a hint - it's still in the slip just so low that you can't see it (unless the water is REAL CLEAR!)if you know what I mean. LMFAO you MFPOS ! :confused:

If I EVER go to the Bali Hai again you're driving !

Hello Geico, you're not going to believe this but.......

Just for fun re-read the entire thread and substitute "wife" for "trailer" and "boobs" for "bunks". Just keep drinking beers until it sounds funny.