PDA

View Full Version : Service Manuals

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 06:42 AM
#0, Service Manuals
Posted by Wizard on Jan-18-04 at 09:41 PM

Anyone tried to find your specific engine/sterndrive repair manual for your setup? All I find on the web are Seloc generic books for gas setups.
I have the AQAD 42 (230 HP) Diesel. Repowered in 1992, so I assume that is the year of the engine and outdrive. I don't even know how to tell what model outdrive yet. Finding the manuals difficult?

Glenn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Service Manuals
Posted by moo fish on Jan-19-04 at 02:37 PM
In response to message #0

VP has a special deal for service manuals. According to Valley Diesel, the factory service manuals come in about 7 volumes at $30 a pop. the Seloc / Clymer manuals won't cover the diesel but should cover the outdrive. Check each volume for detail.The back cover on the outdrive should say "290" with a duo prop for a 42. I have an owner's manual for a 41 which may be of some help....rt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Service Manuals
Posted by Wizard on Jan-19-04 at 03:35 PM
In response to message #1

Thanks.
I was dropping off the boat today at AMS to get what appears to be the steering fork bushing/seal replaced (the leak probably), and maybe even a new steering fork (was told it might also be messed up), and went by The Boat Store to check into used parts. They had my exact manuals on the counter (ordered for someone else). I learned then what you just said MooFish, they come in several expensive volumes. I ordered the wiring volume for now ($40 - bend over). But I must know every wire to be a happy skipper.

Glenn

#3, RE: Service Manuals
Posted by moo fish on Jan-19-04 at 07:34 PM
In response to message #2

www.theboatdr.com has service manuals specific to VP outdrives. What kind of used parts are you looking for?? I have a number of 41's in my backyard (various stages of cannabilization)that may have some applicable iron.....rt

#4, RE: Service Manuals
Posted by Wizard on Jan-19-04 at 07:54 PM
In response to message #3

"What kind of used parts are you looking for??"
I find out tomorrow if the bushings on the steering fork of my 290 DuoProp are so far gone that the steering fork itself needs replacing. I don't have the model number. The engine I have is a 42. Do you have 290 sterndrive parts as well?

Glenn