PDA

View Full Version : Blackman Billfisher sold

Pistolero
05-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Sold my 26' Blackman Billfisher. Not saying goodbye, just confessing I'm no longer a Blackman owner. I'll still monitor the site and take from it and contribute when applicable. I'll advise the new owner, also in N. Cal, of this site and he should be joining. It's been a great cruise. Keep up the good work.

DOGHOUSE26
05-30-2005, 11:00 PM
or just tired of putting money into "the hole"?

yellowfin1
05-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Jose,

Were you just as happy the day you sold it as the day you got it? Did you buy another boat?

Scott

Pistolero
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Actually it was hard to sell it, but a flybridge was not in my ideal world. Picked up a 2002 MayCraft 27 ft Pilothouse, it has 4 stroke Hondas and comes with all the electronics and accessories. Protection from elements and newer boat dependability. Melancholy over Blackman, cause they grow on you...but it went to good owner. Also, it was at the age where everything was breaking down in weekly order. New owner has already had to replace heat exchangers/manifolds and timing belt along with rusted/frozen tensioner in a week. Would have been me.

DOGHOUSE26
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
You Northern Guys need those enclosures for the weather; we don't have it as rough down here. I think you're going to love those Hondas !Good luck with the new rig! :)

yellowfin1
06-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Sounds like a good boat for the conditions up there. The Honda's should be a welcome change from the older Volvo I/O. I can't imagine selling my boat. Not that it is perfect it's not but, I have put way too much time and sweat into getting it where it is today. I'll probably change my tune in a year or so.

Buenos Suerte,
Scott