PDA

View Full Version : Near skunk LJ/Torrey Pines

yellowfin1
06-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Good morning BOCA,

In spite of the coastal eddie, dropping pressure, south winds, and green/brown water I decided to fish yesterday. La Jolla kelp produces a fat goose egg for us. Made a few drifts off of T.P. for a couple raked baits. Funny that the butts can tear your sardines to shreds without getting hooked even with a trap hook. TP produced no fish for us so we moved to an area just off of Blacks beach to hide a little from the south wind. Lots of bait and meter marks here. First drop yielded a 10 lb halibut. A few raked baits later something substancially bigger and stronger inhales my sardine. After 5 minutes a large bat ray appears (released of course). That was it for that place. Back to the bay where we made a few drifts for a few more raked baits and a beautiful 18" croaker. I could not tell if it was a juvenile WSB or a large corvina? Looked more like a WSB with the faint black bars and the blueish back. Anyways it went back to fight another day.

Scott

NoSlack
06-03-2005, 11:35 AM
One 10 pounder off that stretch of beach is way better than I've done this year. I haven't even scratched a bait up that way. Lokes like things are picking up on the halibut fishing.

Mike