PDA

View Full Version : Fishing is slow...so is the board??

Nomad
07-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Not much going on out there. Ran out to the 302 with Russ (Time Out) and we managed a single yellowtail on Saturday. Water was flat so I got to burn fuel at the maximum rate possible (ouch). We ran back to SD Bay and took a few drifts for halibut. Picked up one and then ran back up the line. Good day, flat seas and back early. Wish the fish would show up!

Board has been awful quiet lately. Either everyone...

is out doing maintenance
has taken up golf
just moved on....
Tight lines...

Wizard
07-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I've been out every weekend since March. Ran long one time, loaded the boat with albacore. EVERy single inshore trip has just been stupid. I have caught plenty of short lings, tiny rockfish, tiny bass, not even a short halibut. Now it's all red tide out there. Losing interest in inshore fishing, can't even find bait balls in the bays for picks at little stuff. Pretty much determined I have no inshore skills, and plan to just run offshore, even for the long stuff, when a crew feels like it. That is what the Blackman is designed to do. Not even posting to the tournament this year since it's half inshore stuff I don't know how to find.

Nomad
07-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Even offshore has been hit or miss. Lots of boats going 85-90 miles and coming back with a half dozen fish. Too long of a run for such scratchy fishing.

Knot Now
07-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi all.
I spent last weekend and the week's nights doing maintenance on the Knot Now. I have new bottom paint and outdrive. I even polished the stainless today after the sea trial. I hope to be going long next weekend.
Phil

yellowfin1
07-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Good morning all,
Like many others I've been kind of waiting for the fish counts to pick up. Planning a three day fun trip to parts south in the 120-140 range or closer hopefully. Departing the evening of the 11th. Anyone interested in boating along? Hope to fill the albacore and WSB slots.

Scott

firebc
07-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Same here. Got the boat back in the water after annual maintenance and it's ready to go. I wonder if it's going to be an odd year for the albies. Just not sure yet.

Anyway, tomorrow we're just heading over to Pt. Loma kelp and maybe IB.

I'll post tomorrow.

Phil Silva (The other Phil)

CAPTAIN HOOK
07-08-2005, 11:18 AM
I have not been fishing. The Hook is down for engine work. This includes: New timing and cam gears, belts, rebuilt heat exchanger, new circ pump, new crank case breather box, engine and outdrive oil change, complete teak refinish on swim steps, rod racks and rub rail, fill, calk and repaint of decks in LP grand banks beige, wax hull and polish stainless. Should be up and running in 2 weeks. Hope that by then the fish show up a little closer to my range of travel. Scott, I wish I could join you but I have been sentenced to hard labor on my house this weekend. Good Luck! DM-