PDA

View Full Version : Any Buddy Out There??

Al Gagnon
07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Just checking out what is going on with the Blackman Boat Owners. Looking to buy a 26 foot Blackman. Not sure if this will get out to potential sellers. Just getting my feelers out there. I have been looking for about one year. Met a lot of people around the water front. I used to be a commercial Tuna fisherman and have a land job for about 20 years. Still miss the ocean and nature. You can take the boat away from a fisherman but not the desire to go back to the sea. Kind of corny but I love the smell of the ocean, seaweed, fish smell, porpoise smell, sounds of the birds, waves, etc. Waiting for a reply, Al July 11, 05

DOGHOUSE26
07-11-2005, 09:28 PM
I know of an 1991 26 Billfisher with twin inboard Volvo 4 cylinder diesels that's about to come on the market, it's located in Marina Village, Mission Bay

Al Gagnon
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I am not sure how the thread works along with the Forum, but I would like to know something about the possible condition, equipment, etc of the boat at Marina Village. I imagine it does not have a trailer. Steve said he would help me out with checking the value of a Blackman prior to a possible purchase. I will be looking at a boat up around Hunington Beach this weekend. The owner is in a financial situation and is forced to sell. It is a 26 1986 Billfisher with trailer, 300 hp for $57000. Does anyone have an idea if this is a fair price? Al

DOGHOUSE26
07-12-2005, 08:29 PM
I'll leave a note on the seller's boat, he can contact you here and you guys can hook up via email if you like.

The 57,000 asking price is normal for the age of the boat with trailer; it depends on the condition of both. The 300 HP is a big plus, probably not the original motor, hopefully low hours. Outdrive or shaft? If outdrive, find out when it had it's last major overhaul. They (Volvo) tend to detonate between 1500-2000 hrs. Diesels typically last 5000 hrs, 2-3 times as much maintenence on the second half as opposed to the first 2500. Steve can help you with valuation, he sells alot of used Blackmans.

Al Gagnon
07-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all the help. It is a 300 hp Yanmar with Merc Outdrive, 900 hrs. on engine. Engine installed in a Marine center place up the coast, maybe Oceanside, Yanmar Dealer in 2000 and outdrive in 2001. The trailer is painted. Auto pilot iffy. Older Electronics. Al