PDA

View Full Version : In search of 26 ft. Blackman

Al Gagnon
07-14-2005, 01:03 PM
I am new, to this site, and entered a post about 2 weeks ago in a different section of the Website. I guess I put the info in the wrong area. I am trying to notify some Blackman owners of my interest in purchasing a 26 ft. Blackman boat. I have been looking for a Outerbanks, for about 1 year, but did not move quick enough or the selling price was too high, so here I sit without a boat for the fishing season. If anyone knows of a 26 ft. Outerbanks or possibly a 26 Billfisher, please reply. If I can not find a boat within the next year, I will be retiring and possibly have a boat built by Steve Blackman, with my retirement pot. Would appreciate any leads. I am going to Hunington beach Friday to look at a Billfisher, 1986. Thanks for any help. Al, 7-14-05

KingFish
07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
There are 2 Outerbanks for sale at http://sdboats.com/fishing/
1 is a 23' and the other is a 26'

http://www.boats.com/ and http://www.boattraderonline.com have a couple 26' Billfishers, just do a search for "Blackman" and you'll find them.

Hope this helps

Al Gagnon
07-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all your help. I have seen them and another just came out for $89000, on Boats.com. I have been looking around the $50 to $60 thousand price range. I will be looking at one tomorrow, in Hunington beach area. It has a trailer and a 300 hp yanmar, 900 hrs., 1986. If it is in good enough shape I will make a offer. Thanks again Mark, Al

Wizard
08-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Is the one you looked at in Huntington Beach, now down here for sale at Seaforth Yacht Sales? Noticed a 26' Billfisher named Hound Dog sitting at the yacht sales yesterday. It has a Yanmar repower, with a Bravo 3 outdrive. I think they said it was a 1986 and was selling for 60K and change. Not one of the Blackman owners that I am acquainted with.

Al Gagnon
08-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Yes, the boat is the same boat. The batteries were not charge enough to start the boat when I met with the owner. The trailer did not look like it was the original for the boat. I thought about what I would need, to buy the boat right then. I still needed to get a truck big enough to pull that size boat, my original choice was a Outerbanks, I realized that there was a hole burning in my pocket to buy a boat and I needed to step back and think it over. I would still need to borrow from my retirement accounts and that would take a few weeks. There were a few other reasons that I had, that are not important. I called him back the next morning and suggested to the owner that he may have better luck selling the boat down in San Diego. The boat seemed to be in good shape. The engine was installed by a marine Yanmar dealer in Oceanside and cost $45,000. I thought that was a little expensive and did not make sense. I guess I need to be patient and wait for the right boat to come along.

DOGHOUSE26
08-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Al,

I heard of another 26 Billfisher in Vista,CA but I don't have the particlars yet; I'll pass them on when I get them. What I do know is it's a 1990 model, 200HP Duoprop, and used to be Jerome's of Jerome's Furniture Fame. This guy is the second owner, asking $65,000. Be Patient ! The word is the Wife says either the boat or him goes, this is the third boat she has pulled this on him, if he would have taking her out the first time she pulled this, he would be just getting out of prison now!