PDA

View Full Version : Temp guage/sender on AQAD40

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 06:54 AM
Temp guage/sender on AQAD40
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Sep-04-03 at 12:21 PM

Can any of you guys with the AQAD40 tell me which sender on the F/W coolant reservoir connects to the temp guage? There are two side by side. Is it the forward one or after one? I plan to trace the wiring, but thought maybe someone could tell me, before I start going through all the wiring (Mike No Slack?).
Thanks,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Temp guage/sender on AQAD40
Posted by NoSlack on Sep-04-03 at 06:11 PM
In response to message #0

OK Scott. I'm not going to say forward or aft because they can be screwed into either hole.
The sensor that goes to the alarm is the one on the left(fwd) side of the picture. The brass base is thicker of the two sensors. With the wire disconnected, the sensor should read open with and volt/ohm meter on the ohms setting. Take your reading between the tip and the base on the sensor. The wire on it should be yellow with a blue stripe and be labeled "Temp Check".

The sensor that goes to the temp gauge is the one on the right(aft) in the picture. It should have and yellow wire on it and have an ohm reading of 450-500 ohms (70-80 degrees) sitting in the driveway.

Mike

http://members.cox.net/mdj1215/temp.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Temp guage/sender on AQAD40
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Sep-05-03 at 07:21 AM
In response to message #1

Thanks Mike,
I knew I could count on an excellent answer from you. Appreciate the assistance again. Are you getting out fishing lately? As soon a sI get 1/2 day, I'm going to get the boat squared away then I'll be out there. I have a long weekend on the water planned with Dad on the Weekend of 27Sep.

Thanks again,