PDA

View Full Version : Added a pup C & R'd Mako to the list

Wizard
07-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Caught a released a couple, managed to get a pic of this baby when I remembered this tourny. Didn't get pics of the larger one on my camera before it finally spit the hook after playing with it for a few minutes.

NoSlack
07-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Nice to see you're finally getting in the game. You do know the tournament started 7 months ago? ;)

At least you're ahead of Charlie

p.s. move you're pictures into your 2005 folder, they're in the 2005 tournament general folder now.

Mike

Wizard
07-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Nice to see you're finally getting in the game.

LOL Not for lack of trying. Did inshore stuff many times only to get disenchanted at the work it takes to manually drop and retrieve the anchor and at all the inshore boat traffic. Actually had a sailboat come within 5' of me last month while I was drifting.

Can I move the pictures myself? I will have to try later.

yellowfin1
07-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Very nice Glenn,

Good to see that the race is tightening up.

Scott

DOGHOUSE26
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Our weekend consisted of Friday PM Calicos up to 3.5 lbs off Pt Loma and 1 -16.2# Bluefin on a 190 nm round trip to the tuna grounds Sunday. Don't wait much longer to fill the Allbacore slot, water temps are high close to us and I think they are heading out west and up the line. There are plenty of Bluefin out there crashing on 2" bait but getting them to bite is a whole different story

Wizard
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
No offense, and I'm not enjoying the inshore species this year, but I sense it takes over a week to get things posted on the tourny this year? Something here needs a shot of energy, kind of like the Padres.

DOGHOUSE26
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
The Jack in the Box Playboy is working hard over in Hawaii; I'm sure he'll get on it when he returns( after hob-nobbing with the Riviera Club first!)

Wizard
07-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I didn't know that.

Nomad
07-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Geez - Complaining about the service now!

Just a reminder, this is only a part time gig for me. I still have a real job and I like to fish and have a boat that needs attention too. I try and update the sites about once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Either way, it's the best I got.

Aloha Braddahs!

Wizard
07-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry.

Nomad
07-31-2005, 09:36 AM
no worries!

If someone wants to help out and update the leaderboard they can email it to me and I'll upload it to the site. It's just a simple excel spreadsheet. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Wizard
07-31-2005, 10:00 AM
I would be glad to help out, in whichever way you wish. Let me know.

NoSlack
07-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh ya, give Glenn the keys to the score booth. Shouldn't be hard to get caught up now. ;)

Sounds like a good idea to spread the work load around. Anything you need help with, don't be afraid to ask.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't worry about it Glenn, Charlie is very thick skinned, you have to be with a mug like that! I pussed out both days this weekend waiting for the wind to die down, did you make it out? Should have toughed it out and anchored up in La Jolla; my other RIVIERA buddies spent Sunday on the pick for slimers, calicos, a 15# YT and a nice WSB (they broke 2 others off in the kelp, they would just come through the chum line.) I need the wind to stop so we can put a serious dent in the fish population! This 2,3,4,5,6 fish days don't cut it!

NoSlack
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
I also pulled the plug on Sunday's trip do to the wind. On the bright side, I got one more window installed and a lot more paint spreed.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
07-31-2005, 09:34 PM
When you spoke earlier of replacing windows and painting the exterior I interpreted that as all in one day I thought man he might have bit off a little more than he could chew or you had an army of 6 helpers. You picked the right weekend. :)

Wizard
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
NO, my first weekend off the water as well. Too many reports about how lumpy it was out there. Decided to stick around the house and get caught up on chores, except for a bit of a dock party this afternoon.