PDA

View Full Version : Ensenada 7-24/25

Dos Pelones
07-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Launched from the Coral Sunday. Went to the lower 500 on a stupid idea. Remind me next time to match the sst and chlorophyls before I make a plan.
Water at the lower 500 was green and ugly so up and out we went.

Spent the night at the 238 tied on to a huge kelp patty which produced a nice 28 pound yellow at sunset. At night the baby blues showed up sucking from our bait discharge and we couldn't fish there the next morning.

Trolled from the 238 to the 1010 and up a bit, heard the fish were outside the dumper. Not enough fuel to go there because of my stupid decision to go south first. The water over the inner stuff was cobalt blue and devoid of bait and birds. Lots of kelp and not much else.

Man, vhf 72 is a hoot out there. Bombs floating, bombs with wings no less. Its a drone moron and its worth money! Heard Pepe on the Hijole outside having a pretty good day. Good for him. We suck. A 100 gallons of fuel, 200 miles looking and a sleepless night tied up to a lifeless kelp and
a friggin yellowtail to show for it.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

DOGHOUSE26
07-26-2005, 08:21 PM
My son Chris and I might take that run from MB to Ensenada this weekend as our girls are off to Colorado for a few days. I hear there might be some paddys holding yt & dodo along the finger bank, if this gets confirmed we'll be on it Saturday early!

Thanks for the report Dos Pelones

Dos Pelones
07-27-2005, 07:31 AM
We saw one paddy holding some dodos in the 1010 area but they were not interested in sardines. Just another reason to carry some macks. Water was 68+ on the inside stuff. Good luck!