PDA

View Full Version : Non fish report

yellowfin1
08-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Loaded up my friend from out of town and his mom in law and sister in law and tried for a leisurely late morning (Sunday) attempt at a marlin. Had not done any research on the fishing or weather and was counting on some good gouge from Dog House from Saturday (what happened Jeff?). Made a few quick sardines in MB and left the harbor for the 9 mile bank. Clearing the harbor we were greeted by 3-4' lumpy seas from W and N/W. Three miles out the mom gets sick but pleads to keep going. Five miles out and she filled a 5 gallon bucket 1/8 full of puke. She still wants more. Water temp is rapidly climbing but, the color is an ugly green. At the nine mile bank the water has not cleared up. I was describing to my buddy what a Mako looks like when I look up and 25' off the port bow is a nice 5' er just cruising. Now he knows what they look like. Tried a sardine for it but, no luck it sunk out never to return. The mom is still smiling on the outside. Not wanting to be resposible for severe internal injuries or a stroke, I decided it was time to turn towards the barn. Uneventful ride in and water remained green between the middle of the 9 up towards La Jolla (about 7 miles off). Gave them a little tour of the bay and what we saw was appauling. These nice people from San Luis Obispo had to witness a bunch of old men sitting around pounding the hard stuff around noon. They were all sitting around on the deck of a 26' Blackman like a bunch of porch monkeys. You know who you are. Damn, I wish I could have joined them but responsibility got the best of me and I had to get them back to the dock. That's it nothing else to report. Later,
Scott (Tenacious)

DOGHOUSE26
08-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Sorry for the non report, I pussed out both days due to the wind. The San Clemente buoy never dipped below 12nts Friday or Saturday night, and the Tanner started to pick up Saturday afternoon. This is happening way too often! :(