PDA

View Full Version : Another gas price post!

yellowfin1
08-10-2005, 08:34 AM
What the "H" is going on? All of a sudden diesel prices are through the roof. I checked all my local gas stations near Clairemont and could not find it for less than $3.00 a gallon. On the water yesterday it was $3.30 per gal. This morning I called SOCAL truck stop and while they were well below $3.00 they were still very high at $2.83 per gal. If the prices go much higher than this I hate to say it but, I might have to dump Tenacious and get a kayak! I can't believe I just said that but, it's out of control. A quick local trip to the local banks now costs me about $100. So much for a solo trips for me for a while. If prices continue to go up, pretty soon it will cost a hundred bones just to fish the islands or La Jolla. My 2 cents (which won't even buy a drop of fuel anymore).

Scott

NoSlack
08-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I feel your pain. I topped off last weekend and didn't get enough change back from a couple of Ben Franklins to buy bait.

It's approching mid Augest and I haven't been more than 8 mile off the beach. Chasing a scratch offshore bite is out of the question at these prices.

Mike

Mac Attack
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM
I feel your pain!!!

My wife and I are seriously thinking of letting the Mac Attack go, along with my tow vehicle, both are diesel. Waiting on a survey report before I decide. Diesel here in West L.A. is now over $3.00 a gallon. I have also seen a increase in bait prices, which I am told is because of diesel prices.

Mike
Mac Attack

hijole
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Bad deal. A one day trip at H&M Landing is $150. They are catching about 1 fish per angler, maybe.
I think finding a paying buddy is the answer or learing to use the boat for inshore fish including codding.
I was lucky when I filled up two weeks ago when it was still $2.65 but with 100 gallons it still hurt.

DOGHOUSE26
08-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I tried to fill up @ Dana today before they purchased a new tank of fuel but I was late by one day; instead of $2.91(2.82 to MBMC Members) it's now at $3.09. Islandia has been at $3.34 since last week. I need 120+ gallons and it's gonna hurt!

Wizard
08-11-2005, 12:28 AM
I have burned between 90 and 120 gallons every other week for two months now. Of course, crew helps split the cost, but it's really starting to make even me think when I add up the receipts and see over $1,200 in fuel for 4 trips.

Ummm... going to Ensenada for half or more of next week. I hear it's only about $2 and change there. I might not ever come back if true... LOL

yellowfin1
08-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I see that many of you are sharing my pain. Since I am a retired USN guy, I decided to check my local military gas station and the price was $2.78. Unfortunately the clearance is not enough to get my Billfisher under unless I unbolt the radar arch and take the bimini down. Oh well that's better than paying $3.00 per gal. The trailering down to SoCal truck stop is still an option but, I still get nervous pulling the boat over those railroad tracks and poit holes especially with a full tank of fuel. I'm saving my pennies for mid September when the bigeye will certainly invade our waters again.

Scott

Dos Pelones
08-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Fuel is around $1.90 a gallon in Baja. Filled the boat up Monday before we brought it home on the trailer for repair work. My 350 ford has an aftermarket 55 gallon tank and a 100 gallon service tank in the bed. 200 gallons in the truck and 100 in the boat saves me $300+. That will cover John at Blackmans for a few hours at least. Just have to go to Baja more often.

Nomad
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Nothing like a $1000 trip to the dumper! The Nomad will be carrying a limited load of 24 anglers on the next long trip, ok...maybe 30.