PDA

View Full Version : Riviera club

yellowfin1
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Hola Charlie,

Haven't seen any posts from you lately. How's the Riviera coming along? Is it all you wanted in a yacht? Is she dialed in yet? Have you got much fishing time on her lately? With that ship you should start posting some big scores on some big fish soon. I was envious and even had a my name on the waiting list for a slip (for 3 years!) at the Naval Training Center/ASW base marina. Well I finally got a call saying that I was up. I actually went and looked at a cool 1979 35' Bertram which was in pretty good condition. I even got the wife to get interested but, seeing the price of fuel go up has all but stomped out any hope of moving up any time soon.

Scott (Tenacious)

Nomad
08-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi Scott,

I finally have the boat all dialed in. I really love the Riv. Everything I was looking for. But alot of work into her with all new running gear and electronics. Operating costs are higher than expected mainly driven by the price of fuel. I find I'm alot more selective about the long runs. No more exploratory runs at well over $3.00 a gallon. Haven't fished much at all this season mostly because of work and the lousy fishing. I hope every day that things turn on and I can get the decks red but it's been tough as you guys know. Have hit the halibut pretty good but want those yellows off the paddies and tuna boiling around the boat. Going to make a run Sunday. If the tuna go on the chew I'll go long, if not, I'll see if I can dredge up a marlin. This season has got to get under way sooner or later! Will be updating the leader board on Saturday so anybody with updates be sure and let me know if you haven't already done so.

yellowfin1
08-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Glad to hear that the boat is working out for you. Good luck if you get out on Sunday. I'm camping this weekend w/ the family but, plan to fish locally on the 26th. I'll hit it hard in September right after I take on a second job to pay for fuel.

Later,
Scott