PDA

View Full Version : Marlin for Tenacious finally

yellowfin1
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Good morning BOCA,

Just a quick post as I 'm out the door for church. Fished Friday evening at the 43 (overnight) for nothing but a blue shark. Started trolling at the 182 at sun up. Water looked good but, no meter marks or fish for us. Headed back to the 43 where we metered lots of bait the prior night. Trolled there and saw one boat stopped on a fish. Nothing so we continued SW in search of paddies. Of course the Zukers were in the water. Three miles SW of the 43 the right outrigger goes off and were are on. Didn't know it was a marlin until it was alongside. My buddy Allen was the angler and he handed the rod off to his wife to fight for a few minutes. Yes, we stuck the fish and hauled it aboard for eating. Ate some steaks last night and it was very good but, if over cooked just a little it gets chewy. From here on out all marlin will be released on the Tenacious. Pics to follow. Yes, I'm back in the game!!!

Scott

DOGHOUSE26
09-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Congratulations on your fish Scott,it's a great feeling to get that first one on the boat. Did you weigh it and didn't you see anything else of interest that way?

We didn't get our first one Saturday until 12PM.

Marlin are just like beef, there are good cuts and bad cuts. The tenderest section is the bottom half of the fish just behind the abdomen. And it does get chewey when overcooked! Surprisingly smaller fish are tougher than larger fish; maybe fat content has something to do with it.

It's all good smoked!

NoSlack
09-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Way to go Scott. Nothing like getting that first one under you belt.

With you and Jeff pushing the 400 point mark, you're going to force me to put some fuel in the boat and leave the beach.

Mike

sharkwaters
09-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Scott. Was that your Tenacious in the Zane Gray tournament. If so, then you did well and congratulations.
Bob on Tunacious

yellowfin1
09-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Nope,

I wish that was us but, unfortunately it wasn't. I could always use some tournement winnings. There's too many of us Te/u nacious's around.

Have a good weekend,
Scott,

Wizard
09-21-2005, 02:21 AM
The Tenacious in the Zane Grey was a big (55ish foot) beautiful and fast boat with a lime green painted hull. Watched him (in gyros) fight a couple fish from the tower of a 51' Riviera during the tournament. It has a wood transom. Forgot what kind of boat, but not common.