PDA

View Full Version : Final entries!!!

Nomad
10-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Anybody having additional entries that are not reflected on the leader board will need to let me know by Nov 2 for them to be counted.

DOGHOUSE26
10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Chas,

I tried to re-register and upload pics again but no luck.
I'll email the pics and submit the weight slip.

yellowfin1
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Charlie,

Please add a 5 lb lingcod for Tenacious (15 points). I'll post the picture tonight.

Thanks,
Scott

hijole
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
No fair, where is he pix.

NoSlack
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm with you Pepe. I cry foul on Jeff. His lingcod should put him in the lead on the tournament and the only picture in his folder is of the freshly waxed NOMAD.

Has he been out fishing this year or spending his weekends polishing the tournament directors new ride?

Mike

hijole
10-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Yep, it's polish and fuel-it-up, polish and fuel-it-up and then polish and fuel-it-up. And still now pix.
I think the valves are bigger that my 41 so they probably need big torque wrenches to snap on the valve covers.
But hey that's living.

DOGHOUSE26
10-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Mike neither you nor I, but perhaps Pepe on his education retirement pension could afford to feed that beast called Riviera. Polishing was the only answer.

I could email the pics to you guys as well but they are in the same folder as my Over-The-Line Miss Emerson judging photos which contain some nudity due to partial clothing (earrings and bracelets) and I would hate to get them mixed up.

I have to work the BBQ weekend but I think I can break away for the afternoon. I think I can supply some fresh cod if we want to do the taco thing, I just don't have the big grease kettle to do that much fish quickly.
I,m going to try to set up my motorhome in the lot for the picnic.

yellowfin1
10-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I can't even spell Riveirrah much less own, fuel, or even polish one! They are nice to look at though.

Wasn't there a rule about posting the pic within 30 days of catching the fish? Hmmm? Jeff should be disqualified! Unless he supplies the fish tacos at the BBQ.

NoSlack
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Most rules can be bent with the right amount of food and drink. What's on the menu Jeff?

Mike

hijole
10-26-2005, 09:38 PM
I'll be back from AZ in the morning so the PM is good. I'll bring the laptop so Mike can show us how to load some pix. Does anyone know if there is a wireless signal there?
Fuel was around $1 when I bought the Hijole. That means the big Rivera will be about $6/gal soon enough. I think it has 2 tanks to fill.
I heard of a boat that spent $900 for fuel to fish the Make A Wish last month and No fish.

I can hardly wait to retire Jeff. I'll ask if he will let me wax the boat and take my pix with some buddies while he is at work.

If everyone brings a few pounds of fish we can have a good BBQ. A Weber charcoal will be just fine. I wonder if there are avocados in season in Fullbrock? Last year we had some good guacamole.

yellowfin1
10-27-2005, 07:02 AM
Charlie,
As luxurious and well equipped as those Riv's are didn't it come with a deep fat fryer?

DOGHOUSE26
10-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I suppose we could stick a propane burner in the cabinet and fill the galley sink with oil. :D

NoSlack
10-27-2005, 11:46 AM
If Charlie doesn't want to deep fry in the Riv's sink, I could bring a bunner and a pot for deep fring.

I've never used it. so I need to know what type of oil to buy and what temp we need to cook at.

Anyone want to step up and do the batter?
Who's got fish to fry?

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
I can handle the fresh fish part just as long as we get a head count, batter isn't a problem either as I use an Asian tempora package with a little Lawry's added if that's acceptable.

yellowfin1
10-27-2005, 05:23 PM
That all sounds good to me. My grill has a burner on it as well where we may be able to heat some , I mean a pot.
I will bring a gallon of oil.

Scott

hijole
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I have one of the large containers of vegetable oil from Smart Final. I'll bring it.
I think I have a thermometer for the cooker but not sure. I'll check this weekend. I think Yale said it had to be 265 or 365. I know it wasn't 165 or 465 so Profesor what is it?

Professor
10-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Pepe,

I hope you don’t teach math or statistics. It’s 375° and don’t put too much fish in at one time. I’ve got the burner, butane tank (with gas), thermometer, and skimmer. If somebody can pick it up in the next two weeks your welcome to use it. I use the cheapest oil Costco has for deep frying. Any oil will do if it’s for frying.

Hate to miss the event but I can already hear the cows mooing.

Nomad
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
my, my, my...go out of town for a few days and I come back to more Riviera bashing. Yes it takes alot of fuel, but I find I get excellent fuel economy idleing in my slip. I had a wide open mackeral bite off the dock a few weeks back. The receiver is full so I thought I'd bring some mackeral ceviche. Perhaps you boys might want to come down and see the new rig while at the BBQ. Tickets to the Riviera dock are $100 and go to a charitable organization called lotsabucks2runariv (its a hungarian outfit). Looking forward to the BBQ!

DOGHOUSE26
10-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Russ lost a bet, he'll take 3 tickets!

hijole
10-28-2005, 09:00 PM
The BS is just now begining to pile up. We may even get some new blood from up north to look to see if everyone is for real. For our first BBQ I remember talking to a member who drove down but since I didn't see him the last 2 times I hope you guys didn't scare him off.

Mike, do you need anything or will someone have to pick up the kitchen from el Professor? There may be alot piled up from the mooing but reason for a cold beer to just hear the next story. I promise not to forget, it's now official at 375.

NoSlack
10-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I'll bring my deep frier burner/big pot, a BBQ and 2 tanks of fuel.

Next week I start a new tread where we can keep track of who's bringing what.

Mike

Nomad
10-29-2005, 09:25 AM
I'll do up some cajun blackened fillets. Of course the freezer is bare so we'll need to make a rock cod run for the BBQ!