PDA

View Full Version : downrigger use

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 07:10 AM
#0, downrigger use
Posted by sharkwaters on May-18-02 at 01:04 PM

Downriggers are a must have if you want a thresher shark. You can get bit on bait-o-matics, but the majority are caught using downriggers. In fact on my previous boat I ran a pair. One in each corner. They also come in handy when any specie is not on the surface. They give you another option. Thats my 2 cents. Bob Waters. TUNACIOUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: downrigger use
Posted by Nomad on May-19-02 at 07:49 AM
In response to message #0

Do you have downriggers on your current boat? Would you buy them again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: downrigger use
Posted by sharkwaters on May-25-02 at 02:54 PM
In response to message #1

Sorry it took so long to reply,I've been off the machine. YES, I have one on the boat and I would buy again. I use cannon uni-troll HP with the swivel base. I mounted it on port side as far back as possible, so the handle is outboard of the railing. This way the DR is next to the port rear rod holder. You can reel in the DR and rod at the same time solo.I'm going to try using it on the tuna grounds this year. If I'm metering fish that are 50 - 100 ft down, my plan is to stack a couple of lures in the zone and see what happens.
Bob W TUNACIOUS