PDA

View Full Version : 30 Pismo Clams in about 30 minutes

Wizard
01-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Took girlfriend Christi, and met NoSlack Mike down at the beach and dug up 30 Pismo Clams in about 30 minutes. Fun stuff.

And the beach babes couldn't resist Mike and his shorts! LOL

http://www.bocaboard.com/data/noslack/PismoCalms.JPG

hijole
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Is that OB?

NoSlack
01-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Got to love Hillbilly fishin. Any time you get to use a pitchfork and your fishing license at the same time, you know you're gona have some fun.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Nice pair of clams! Hey Mike, is that a measuring guage on your fork and what size do they have to be?

NoSlack
01-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I put gauges on the forks to make it easier. I also have a bag I wear on my waist to stow them in. It doesn't match my shorts but it gets the job done.

29.40. Pismo Clams.
(a) Open season: May be taken in Santa Cruz and Monterey counties September 1 through
April 30. In all other counties, except in state marine reserves or other marine protected
areas which prohibit the take of clams (see Section 632), Pismo clams may be taken at
any time of the year.
(b) Limit: Ten.
(c) Minimum size: Five inches in greatest shell diameter north of the boundary between
San Luis Obispo and Monterey counties; four and one-half inches in greatest shell diameter
south of the boundary, between San Luis Obispo and Monterey counties.
(d) Clam preserves: No clams shall be taken within state marine reserves or other marine
protected areas which prohibit the take of clams (see Section 632).

DOGHOUSE26
01-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Searching in water above the knees or does Glenn have a bladder problem?

Wizard
01-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Searching in water above the knees or does Glenn have a bladder problem

LOL.. both.

Mike was making fun of me when the surf came up and got me wet a couple times. When reaching down the surf will get you wet above the knees.