PDA

View Full Version : 34 Radovich

Mac Attack
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Looking at a 34 Radovich. It is named the "RELEASE" and is in San Diego. Anyone seen it. Looks clean but has a lot of hours (4200) on twin 3208 Cats. Seller very interested in trading down and will accept my Billfisher as partial payment. Any imput welcomed.

Thanks again
Mike/Mac Attack

DOGHOUSE26
03-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Stand by.

pumphouse
03-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Mike, I know of another guy who was looking at the same boat about a week or two ago. Looks like a really nice boat with everything anyone could need. Good luck!

saltwaters
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Mike, I know of another guy who was looking at the same boat about a week or two ago. Looks like a really nice boat with everything anyone could need. Good luck!

I looked at one in December on Shelter Island. The electronics were a little out of date and it needed the isenglass replaced. I think this is the same boat. I tried to talk my brother into renewing our patnership. His wife wasn't too happy about him spending a lot of money on a boat since his had a brand new engine in it so that ended our conversation. I thought this was a nice boat but thought it would need some money put into it.

Good luck if you make a deal.

Al Gagnon
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I and another person was looking at the Mac a few months ago and it said it was sold. I thought that the first person that was interested backed out due to money. Then there was a second party looking at it. Maybe my memory is gone. I have not seen the boat that you mentioned but if you like it and the survey says good, then get what you like. I am looking at a 26 Outerbanks 1984, it was streched to a 30 ft. Has two straight drive power 6 cylinders 210 hp. Used for commercial rock cod. Has a lot of various fishing stuff added. Hopefully to take it on sea trials this weekend. Teh sloppy weather will give me a good idea on the sea worthiness. Al

Mac Attack
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I am looking to move up to a larger boat. The first offer fell thru due to the fact that marine finance companies will not lend money on a 20 + year old boat, regardless of what the survey says. That was the only offer I recieved on the boat. There are not a lot of people out their willing to spend 55K on a boat with no financial help. I also at the same time was looking into trading up to a 29 Blackman but that deal fell thru also. I need to have a boat and will not sell until I have secured a suitable replacement, that is why I put out the feelers on this board, lot of good fisherman are involved with this website and I value their comments.

Mike
Mac Attack

Nomad
03-17-2006, 07:20 AM
If this is the Rad over at Kona Kai, I looked at it about 4-5 years ago before I had the original Nomad built by Blackman. Boat was used as a 6-pack, had lots of hours. If it's the same boat, it's been on the market for a long, long time.

Mac Attack
03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks Everyone;

Trying to obtain as much information as I can before driving from LA to talk to the brokers. They claim the boat has two owners and has never been 6-packed. If you guys think you recognize it go to www.yachtworld.com type in Radovich in the manufacture box to see if you recognize the boat.

Thanks
Mike
Mac Attack

DOGHOUSE26
03-17-2006, 03:03 PM
My sources say walk away; it's been a six pack for almost 10 years and it is on it's 3rd engine rebuild with 4200 hrs on this set. I think it's at Crows Nest

Mac Attack
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I will take it off my list. I have heard the same from others who have looked at it.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
03-17-2006, 04:31 PM
My source says there might be a 35 Radovich for sale, last year while marlin fishing the owner hinted he might want to sell, however it's in Pristine condition and probably would take alot of money to pry his hands off it. The SD Marlin Club's Amy Ann catches alot of fish and would be a dream boat to have!

Mac Attack
03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
There is another one for sale but it's in New York. 800 original hrs., looks clean, needs electronics, and a bait system. 160K any ideas on shipping prices? I can only imagine.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Figure 12K-20K shipping, my buddy had a 40 Viking shipped from Florida 5 years ago for 12K

Mac Attack
03-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I really like the boats design. It looks like a Billfisher on steroids. Now I'll be patient and wait. If you guys hear of one for sale down that way, keep me in mind. Took the boat out this morning for some Santa Monica bay halibut fishing, got blown off by noon. Water temp. running 54-57 degrees, way below normal. Pretty slow here lately. Maybe some salmon?

Mike
Mac Attack