PDA

View Full Version : DCS/MMIS poll

NoSlack
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Phill brought up the DCS/MMSI question again. Let's get a poll of who has it and who doesn't.

Mike

EDIT: Just went through my owners manual and it does't look like the DSC/MMSID have anything to do with scambling my transmission. I think this is what Phill's goal is. My radio is an Omni by Standard Communication. I need to have a CVS240 voice scrambler card installed in it, and it sounds like only another Standard Com radio with a scrambler card and set up like mine will unscramble the signal. Someone take the ball and run with it on this. I'm clue less about this stuff

Nomad
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Just added a 2 meter to my electronics. The antenna was more than the radio. Radio and antenna for about $500 or so. Basically a short wave radio so lots of privacy. Icom 8000

Malu Lani
03-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I,m clue less too

yellowfin1
03-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Don't have one but, I know what they are. I'm not too worried about secretly passing fishing info, but, if I were I'd probably just coordinate a reference point with any boats which I was going to work with. Or just establish a group channel to go to to discuss a hot bite.

Scott