PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LedSled
04-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey everybody. I've checked in on your site from time to time and enjoyed it. A very loyal following. First I don't have a Blackman, but would put them in the top 5 boats to have. I lived and fished:cool: in San Diego for 6 years, and always admired the Blackmans I would see. Maybe I could be converted someday.:confused:
I now live in North CA, and dearly miss those paddy yellowtail, 24 hr bait and the water conditions.
So I hope it's OK:) if I add a comment or add a fishing report from time to time. I'll add a link to my pictures of my boat, and fish. http://photos.yahoo.com/embrr2@sbcglobal.net
Ed
Led Sled
27 Farallon

DOGHOUSE26
04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
We miss those paddy YT also, they never showed last year! What harbor are you out of and have you caught any salmon yet? Just rockfish down here now but the water is getting warmer every day. Thanks for checking in and bring on the NorCal Reports!:)

yellowfin1
04-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Very nice boat Ed. Looks like the kind of boat that would keep you warm and cozy up there.

Scott

LedSled
04-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm berthed in Vallejo, about 25 miles inland of the Golden Gate. Just over a hour to get to the gate.
Salmon open this lask weekend in state waters only. The Feds closed water outside of 3 miles. But it'll open 1 May. Right now the fish are out in Fed waters. So I did not go yet this year. Probably about a 2 hour run to get into some fish. Sturgeon fishing is getting good right now. I like fishing in the middle of San Pablo Bay, water about 5 ft deep, at high tide. Plus it's only 30 mins from the dock.
I'll post a pic when we get something good.

Ed

Wizard
04-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome Ed.

I spent some time up in your area. I lived in Marin County for 4 years, Novato. I used to launch on that ramp at the bottom of the Petaluma river. Loved the Sturgeon fishing up there in the delta, between the ships in the mothball fleet.

Farallon boats are good boats up there. Blackman's would be too but I know Harold Davis has the special custom boat market in that area, like Blackman down here.

Glenn

Nomad
04-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome Ed,

Lived in San Francisco and Pleasanton before moving to SoCal. Only flyfished the mountains when I lived up there but was always interested in getting a sturgeon. Glad you joined us!