PDA

View Full Version : Monday Sick Day for LJ WSB

DOGHOUSE26
04-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Following the yakker reports from Friday thru Sunday when it went off @ 10AM Sunday for 10 fish above 36# and mucho many more lost; had to use a sick day this AM to give it a shot. Played the stealth game just drifting with macks and yo-yoing amongst the kayak faithful, hoping it would turn out like Mike's and mine December YT thriller, it was not to be as I stayed until 1115 AM for no bites and no one else hooked up either. I did get a rush however @ 930 when the birds were up and around my boat, my mack got excited, and whamo line peels from my Trinidad; too bad it was a big dog and even worse yet was I was too close to the Greenies patrolling Childrens Cove; I wanted to pop that big bull SOB in the worst way.

The Moral of today's story:

GET BACK TO WORK LAME DICK! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

hijole
04-11-2006, 06:37 AM
I wish I could call in sick.

Did you read the rules for the SWYC tournament? Same as last year. One of thier members said that only 1 bocaccio and one salmon grouper are allowed.

I'm expecting you to have a fight with them before breakfast. Since you are much bigger than I am I will be right behind you.

Are other BOCA members fishing the tournament?

NoSlack
04-11-2006, 07:03 AM
I was thinking of coming down with the flu on Thursday. Maybe I ought to just get my lame a$$ back to work and save the sick day.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
04-11-2006, 08:26 AM
That's why I posted , to remind us all!

Hijole,

The rules are the same as last year, California Regs with only 1 bocaccio per angler and no cowcod except if your a SWYC member as there is a pic in last week's The Log of a gal from SWYC holding a cow and she won the Women's division last year! Unbelievable but typical for this tourney. My buddy Bad To The Boner pinted this out and is really irate about this! I'm running a crew of 4 this year for 4 groupers and a red to have a shot at Top Boat/Club. They never clear up the rules at breakfast which they should, there isn't anyone at the weigh station accurately identifying fish or quanities allowed, and you might be forced to eat in the bar or outside in order to have all the SWYC members get front row (but they really have improved on this the past 2-3 years) but anyway it's a great tourney run by a good bunch of people for a good cause and still alot of fun. I'm not early bird signing as the weather this time of year is frequently a problem and the last thing I need is a barfing crew and a migrane from bouncing my head off the dash while trying to locate fish on the meter!

hijole
04-11-2006, 10:54 PM
What does a #30 WSB look like?

The SDRRC has the bottom fish tournament this Saturday. I'll trade a red for a white.