PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Fish Machine Question

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 07:20 AM
#0, 1982 Fish Machine Question
Posted by Sabalo on Aug-19-02 at 12:46 PM

Would a 1982 26' Blackman be glass over ply hull construction. When did they change to all glass. Starting to look for a larger boat and Blackman is on my short list...any feedback on year/model to look for would be great. Any thoughts or insight on this vessel.
http://www.yachtworld.com/listing/yw_listing_detail.jsp?checked_boats=903783¤cy=USD&units=Feet

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: 82' Fish Machine Question
Posted by NoSlack on Aug-19-02 at 04:34 PM
In response to message #0

I would go straight to the source with that question and give Don a call. 619 266-8013
Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: 1982 Fish Machine Question
Posted by Captn_Hook on Oct-15-02 at 11:07 AM
In response to message #0

Yes. In this case that is exactly what that boat is. It is the origional "plug" boat used to make a hull mold. I asked Steve Blackman about this. He pointed out something also in this picture that I missed at a glance. Look at the pilot house. On this boat it slants aft. If you look at an outer banks, it has a slight tilt forward. This boat, according to Steve was constructed and shown at one of the boat shows prior to full production of the outer banks models. I was close to purchasing this boat at one time. Also, look at the displacement. HEAVY. A new 26 is about 6k weight wise and this one weighs in at over 9k. Plus with a 145 hp diesel, quite a bit under powered. Still a good deal and it looks to be in fine condition. Personally, I passed on this one as it would have meant selling my cherry 20 footer. Good Luck!