PDA

View Full Version : Pt. Loma Kelp 6/18

firebc
06-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Went out early from Mission Bay and headed south along the kelp beds. Good bass fishing with the biggest measuring in at 22 1/2". That one got released. Nothing smaller than 12 inches. A few small bonito and several barracuda. Fishing was a little slow but constant throughout the morning hours. Used up a half scoop of bait and headed home. The weather was perfect. Light breeze with areas of glass all day long.

Phil

NoSlack
06-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Nice going on the calicos. I've got to get my butt out and tag a few of those jumbo checkerboards for the tournament. Every point counts, and if they'er on the chew I better get on the move.

Did you get your electrical problem solved? I never heard back from you so I assume you found the drain on the battery.

Mike

firebc
06-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Hi Mike. Actually, I never received a response after I emailed you. I hate computers! Yes, the problem was fixed by the flick of a switch. A buddy accidently kicked off the circuit breaker the week before. One bad thing about the Outerbanks is the location of the breaker panel.

Nice going on the halibut in the bay. I'd like to get out this week and try for some myself. All the calico's we caught were good size. Not a single one under 12 inches.

Knot Now
06-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Phil,
I have a protective cover that is made just for that reason.

You need one for each circuit breaker, about $2 each.

Phil

firebc
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks Phil. Where do I get one? This is not the first time someone has kicked off a breaker. Every time I invite someone new it seems to happen.

Knot Now
06-19-2006, 12:20 PM
I got them at West Marine. It just a little plastic cover that you have to lift to reset the breaker...made by the breaker manufacture.
I will have to look for the exact number, as I gave my last one in the package to Mark as they had a problem with the bait pump getting switched off durring the night.
Phil

firebc
06-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Maybe the problem is more common than I thought. I'll try and get down there this week and check it out.

Phil

Al Gagnon
06-19-2006, 03:45 PM
I had a similar experience on Fathers Day. My daughter was trying to get the grandson to go to sleep in the v birth. So she tells me, Dad the baBY IS TRYING TO PLAY WITH THESE SWITCHES. i YELL BACK TO HE SWITCH ANYTHING. nO YET. i THINK A PROTECTIVE COVER IS A GOOD IDEA TO MINIMIZE THINGS BEING SWITCHED OFF, SPECIALY A BILGE PUMP, OR STEERING ITEM ETC, sORRY FOR THE UPPER CASE. mY LEFT FINGER IS OUT OF CONTROL. tOO LAZAY TO RE TYPE, aL

Knot Now
06-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Phil,
Here is the Toggle Guard.
I had to go to West Marine for another item, so I got you one to try.
I put it in your Port deck storage box.
I was off on the cost by 100%.
Phil

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/BLU4100.jpg BLUE SEA Toggle Guard

a low cost solution to preventing the accidental switching of industry standard toggle-type circuit breakers. Toggle Guards mount using the standard circuit breaker mounting holes and can be easily added to any distribution panel using toggle-type magnetic circuit breakers. a low cost solution to preventing the accidental switching of industry standard toggle-type circuit breakers. Toggle Guards mount using the standard circuit breaker mounting holes and can be easily added to any distribution panel using toggle-type magnetic circuit breakers.

firebc
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks Phil. I'll be there later this week and see how it works.