PDA

View Full Version : Northern Cal Report

LedSled
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey, last weekend we head up the coast after salmon at Pt. Reyes. Drop off 6 crab traps on the way out, just north of the potato patch bar, in 80 ft of water. Got to the spot just south of the fleet, and got a 13 and 28 lber in less than half a hour:cool: . Slowed down and we picked though some shakers. About 3 PM head toward Bodega Bay to spend the night. We end up with 6 fish for 4 of us.
Cooked up half a fish on the grill that night. A friend came up and picked up the fish.
Next day back on the hunt, end up back at Pt. Reyes, with 8 fish to 17 lbs.
Pulled the traps for 30 keeper crabs, I bet we threw back 40 shorts.
GOOD TRIP!! :) water was FAC.
We did 189 NM total. 14 salmon and 30 crabs. YEA Baby.
Hope the pic comes out

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/embrr2@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=98a4&.dnm=c8dfre2.jpg&.src=ph

yellowfin1
06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Awesome report,

Sounds very good. I can't even imagine how good that salmon taste.

DOGHOUSE26
06-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Way to go Ed ! Were they Kings or pinks? Nothing beats fresh WILD salmon!My daughter just finished her freshman year @ Sonoma State; we go to Bodega Bay for dinner every chance we get when we visit her and I frequently talk to the PBers @ the ramp. They had a great summer up there last year, it's a long haul from San Diego on a trailer!

LedSled
06-30-2006, 10:26 PM
You can only keep the Kings, silvers you have to shake. We don't see the pinks. A couple weeks ago I smoked up about 25 lbs. Boy that is good stuff. If your up is way give me a shout, if we can work the timing. We 'll go kill some fish.

DOGHOUSE26
06-30-2006, 11:14 PM
We don't head back up until the second week in august, in the meantime if you're down this way let me know, you have an open invitation. I think we're done with albacore but yellowtail, dorado, and yellowfin tuna should fill the void. Marlin should arrive by the second week in august just when I head your direction, they are my favorite.