PDA

View Full Version : 7/25 We suck

NoSlack
07-25-2006, 09:35 PM
The day started out with me falling ill just before lunch. ;) Nothing makes me feel better than a good boat ride so I called the bro in-law and we were off for the 9 by noon. We made a quick stop just outside the surf line to fill the tank with 5" macs.

The south wind kicked up just before we launch and we knew that would made spotting paddies a lot more difficult. We press on out across the 9 metering bait and chasing flocks of birds the whole time. After crossing the 9 we turn north and see our first paddy. We didn't find it on our own, we saw a boat in the distance and did a drive by to find they were hitting it with the spear gun. 4 or 5 miles further north we see two more boat doing the dive thing on a monster paddy so we keep on driving.

After 5 hours we haven't seen a paddy so we turn tail and head for the kelp. Within 5 minutes of our first drift we have big boils behind the boat. I get bit on the mini mac and pull the trigger a little to quick. Buy the time I re-bait Matt gets picked by another WSB. 10 minutes into the battle he gets wrapped in the kelp and busted off.

One more drift for a few nice calicos and we hang our heads in shame and head for home.

Mike

Professor
07-25-2006, 10:06 PM
You’re my hero and I wish you hadn’t posted that. Maybe somebody but kryptonite in the bait tank? I’m headed out tomorrow evening for a 2 dayer warm up for the Cedros run and you’ve got me worried. Hope you’re feeling better. :(

firebc
07-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Maybe you're human afterall. Nah! You'll bust them next time.

Phil

NoSlack
07-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I think it's mt black cloud bro in-law.

Highlight of the day was at the fuel pump. $2.75 at the truck stop.

mike

yellowfin1
07-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Mike,

A few nice calicos is nothing to hang your head for. Yah I know the target is the WSB but, I'm sure you'll get the fish you are targeting eventually. BTW, the top worked great!
Thanks again,
Scott