PDA

View Full Version : hull cleaning/marina village

monkutare
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Who is cleaning your hull?

I'm having a problem with the guy that is doing mine. I'm on C dock.

Company name and phone number would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

DOGHOUSE26
08-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I've used many and haven't found one worth a sh....:mad:

Malu Lani
08-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Try Omega I used them for two years and was happy with them. I clean my own boat now to save money and it gets cleaned when I want it cleaned.I don't have a number but you can get it from the marina office.

Rob

Wizard
08-02-2006, 04:35 PM
I will never use a cleaning service on a trailerable boat again. Do you have a trailer? If so, do a good bottom paint, take it out a couple times a year, power wash it well, touch up the bottom paint, drop it back in. Bottom cleaning services scrape off half the bottom paint in the process, perpetuating their own business (not necessarily intentionally). Power washing doesn't take off the paint or scratch up the gel coat from a bad cleaning service.

DOGHOUSE26
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Once the water gets over 70 degrees, hull cleaning at 2 week intervals is a must. It's more than just hull cleaning, it's getting charged for zincs they don't install and charged for zincs you don't need. They do wear out your bottom paint faster by using the coarsest pad they can get away with. I just do my own

monkutare
08-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I don't have a trailer and due to my schedule (plus I'm getting old), I really need someone to do it for me. This is the fourth outfit I have used over the past 6+ years in Marina Village.

DOGHOUSE26
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Charlie,

How old can you be and still get the Junior Member Discount?