PDA

View Full Version : Tenesious & Patron Trip Update

DOGHOUSE26
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Received a Sat Phone call from Yale last night, they are doing fine spending the night at San Geronimo and moving on this morning. Great weather for them , great fishing there and at San Martin Island where 3-8# Cailcos are the norm. Yale has caught some huge bonita on the trip over the 15# mark! Water is cold along the shore (63-65 degrees) 10 miles out 66-68 and green with birds and paddys and bait, and 70 and above past 15 miles , clean and blue but no life. They did catch some rat YFT on the way to San Martin. Bait has not been a problem, they can make spanish & greenbacks at every anchorage. They are good on fuel traveling @ 8 knots and expect to be in Turtle Bay in 2 days. Yale is having so much fun he's already talking about a San Diego to San Felipe trip via the Cape in the near future; 2 boats are a must however as they have seen no one else so far.

hijole
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the report Jeff. It sounds too good. How long will they be gone?

DOGHOUSE26
08-09-2006, 09:44 PM
I think no later than the 18th of August:confused:

DOGHOUSE26
08-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Is not a very good one; Yale called Saturday night while I was just finished getting towed in from Vessel Assist. Starter took a dump. Yale left a message saying everything was fine and fishing was great; I'm sure they're probably knocking the crap out of the yellowtail off either Cedros or Natividad. Hope they call Monday night.

scuttlebutt
08-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks for even a little news. having been sitting on edge of my seat at the computer waiting for updated news. Want to try that trip soon when I get the new boat. Looks like three more weeks but will still have all of Sept to run the pond.

Professor
08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
I arrived back in San Diego as Scott and Lou wanted to stay in Ensenada for an additional night and look around locally for some points fish. It was a great trip and Scott and Lou are excellent long range companions. Since this was Scott’s trip I’ll let him do the post here. Incredible fishing for a wide variety of species.

DOGHOUSE26
08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Glad you had a great time, can't wait to get the details!

yellowfin1
08-17-2006, 09:20 PM
The Patron and Tenacious skippers and crew are claiming victory on a fantastic trip. The boats/engines performed better than I ever expected. Fishing was incredible for calicos, sand bass, dorado, and more marlin opportunities than I would have imagined. My favorite though was the killer YT bite at Benitos, Cedros, and Chester Rocks. Way mote to follow soon. Gotta sleep.

Scott

Knot Now
08-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Glad you made it back OK.
When are we going next LOL
Phil

yellowfin1
08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Phil,

Now that I see how easy the logistics are and how easy is was to get fuel at Bahia Tortugas I would do it again next year with an emphasis on surfing and fishing the Natividad/Chester Rocks area. The Billfisher/AD41 combo was awesome on fuel. Averaged about 2.8 MPG between Ensenada and Bahia Tortugas going south and slightly more coming back uphill. Didn't need to tap into reserve containers. The key was to keep the RPM's low.

Scott