PDA

View Full Version : YFT on 9/24

firebc
09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Headed out at 4:30 toward to 302 with my son and his friend. Not too busy for a Sunday but not many fish either. Heard of some action further south but decided to head in the direction of the 182. Found several patties but only one was able to produce a couple of dorado. About 10 miles north of the 302 we ran into several schools of porpoise and all were holding tuna. Maybe four boats in the area when we started getting hit (about 12:30) but that quickly grew to a scene out of Jaws when everyone wenting looking for the Great White. We ended up with 9 yft and 2 dorado and didn't get back to the dock until 4 pm. The fish were hitting just about anything black and purple but yozuri's and cedar plugs worked best. As many lines as could be trolled got hit. A great day - plus the Padres won and Trevor got the record.

Phil

NoSlack
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi Phil

Any size to the YFT. I heard that a better grade of fish are starting to show.

Mike

fireescape
09-25-2006, 11:33 PM
glad you got into some fish with your son.... Took my son out last week to get him his first dodo, I have never seen him so excited! To bad buddy droped my dig camera in the drink walking down the dock to the slip #@^$.
Is anyone fishing the make a wish this weekend? if so maybe some of the boca boys can work together? let me know... BTW phil how big were the fish?
jeff fire escape

firebc
09-26-2006, 05:47 AM
The largest was around 20 lbs. The smallest under 10. The rest were between 12 to 15. The dorado were longer than a 60 quart cooler but skinny. Both female and maybe 18 lbs. each.

I plan on heading out again but I'm hoping for Friday if I get the crew lined up. If not, let me know which day this weekend you plan on going out, Jeff. My son's friend took his camera but I haven't received any pictures yet. It would be nice to head out with a few boats and work together. I know several others do and it can't hurt.

Phil

firebc
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Just found out I have a wedding to attend on Saturday.

DOGHOUSE26
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Tell your buddy you'll catch the next one (wedding):rolleyes: , there's a 65% chance it will happen and it's tuna time now!

fireescape
09-26-2006, 10:39 PM
sorry to hear that phil.... hope you get back out soon! let me know...

is anyone else fishing the MAW on sat? jeff fire escape