PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter Sun/mon 8-9 Oct

yellowfin1
10-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Couldn't fish Saturday because my little league flag football team (Makos) had our first game. We pulled it out with a 12-7 victory after stopping the other team with a first and goal with 1 minute left. Talk about a nail bighter!

Buddy cancelled so I decided to go solo anyway. Departed early afternoon Sunday with 35 pieces of macks from the MB jetty. Dragged marlin lures down the 9 for nada in semi clear blue 66 degree water. Set up in the lee of middle ground for the night. Soaked some macks on the bottom for one very big calico and a smaller 3 lb model. The large bass was skinny but really long and tall (spawned out?). About 2:30 AM the anchor alarm woke me up (set to .03 of a mile). Boat had swung and maybe dragged anchor a little. Repositioned and had no problems. Fished the islands for most of Monday AM. Lotsa meter marks and bait but, no takers. Dogs were relentless. Worked a huge area of porpoise with hundreds of birds and fish crashing outside the Islands. Looked to be big bones or skippies. Couldn't draw a strike though. Continued North a couple miles outside the 9 and trolled by a kelp for a double. One 12 LB YFT and 1 Skippy. Water was clear blue and 66.5 degrees a couple miles outside the S 9. Cleaned the fish on the N. 9 and chunked the remainder of my macks hoping to get Mr. Mako to appear. All I could manage was a pesky little blue.
Nice time on the water by my lonesome.
Scott