PDA

View Full Version : FLOSCAN trouble shooting success

yellowfin1
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Have any of you experienced the FLOSCAN getting an obstruction? If so were you successful in clearing it? My gph needle jumps to 10GPH at idle. After taking some voltage readings as described by the technicians I ahve determined I either have a fault in my return sensor or an obstruction. Seems easy. Either I'm able to clear an obstruction or pay big bucks for the new return sensor.

NoSlack
11-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Are your sensors mounted low so they can't get an air bubble in them? If the return has an air bubble it won't read. That could be the problem.

You can swap the sensors to see if the return will read a flow.

Mike

yellowfin1
11-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Good call Mike. The sensors are mounted high (behind the transome panel). I had read the info about bubbles affecting the readings and decided to remove the pulsating damper as it had some rust. I figured that the rust may have corroded through allowing a pinhole to develop. In the process of removing the damper I completely destroyed it. That cost me $50. and two weeks waiting for the part. Today I will remove the return sensor, clean it out with carb cleaner, slap it back together and bleed the system. Hopefully that will cure the problem.

Thanks again,

yellowfin1
11-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Even though it doesn't look like there was much interest in this post, I'll finish it up anyway just in case someones else experiences the same problem. After measuring the volts on the return sensor and speaking to FLOSCAN service department about the findings it was determined that the return sensor had gone bad. I ordered the return sensor ($110) and slapped it in. Works like a charm now.
FLOSCAN service department was very helpful and courteous in helping me isolate the problem.

NoSlack
11-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Good going Scott. I always thought FLOSCAN was a good company and to see them come through and take the time to trouble shoot it over the phone makes you feel good about spending the extra money on one of thier products.

That windless info I was going to get for you, I finally found my book.

Powerwinch 26' class
http://www.northeastmarineelectronics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1380
or old style
http://www.lakepowelldiscountmarineelectronics.com/po26clfrwip7.html

yellowfin1
11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Awesome Mike,

Thanks man. I was just about to take the plunge and go purchase the powerwinch from West Marine for $699 (ouch).

Thanks again,