PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 11-24 & 26

Knot Now
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I went out on my friend Allen's boat to the "270" due west from MB for 18 bottom fish mostly reds with a few large green spots and staries. Got a real Big RED on the way back in. Mike, did you get your water circulation problem cured?

Went out again to the 270 on Sunday with a friend down from Thousand Oaks, an ex-co-worker and her husband. At the 270, I Saw birds diving on a patty and when over to investigate. I could see fish boiling inside the pattie. Went below decks and tied on a mega bait. Second cast and I was on. I got a nice 14 lb YT. We only had frozen squid and the others could not throw iron, so we continued on to the Rock fishing spot. The first fish we got was a salmon grouper. Then we starting getting a few nice reds. The husband on my ex-co-worker said he got bite and start winding it in. He was complaining all the way up. He was also starting to feel a little sick. When comes go to the surface he has got a 3 lb red and a 26” lingcod – 6.10 lbs. Cut the day short as he really got pretty green, 2:30 total time dock to dock for YT, Lingcod and 8 rockfish. I will post picture as soon as the send them to me.

iclypso
11-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Nice mixed bag catch! A legal ling should've made your friend feel a little better.

Knot Now
11-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Nice mixed bag catch! A legal ling should've made your friend feel a little better.
It made me happy- he had only been fishing once on a cattle boat and they did not catch anything---but some nice fisherman gave them a YT so he would not leave empty handed. He did know how great a trip we were having.