PDA

View Full Version : Spring trips

Professor
11-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Working on the boat today and trying to focus on what to do next January thru May. A few rock cod trips will be in order but a couple of 5 or six day trips would really be nice. Sacramento Reef and San Clemente are looking good although if I could only do one it would definitely be the Reef. Too much to explore and too few boats hit the area. Anyone up for a multi day trip this spring?

Knot Now
12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Yale,
I might be ready by than....sounds like a great idea.
Phil

Honeygirl
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Im in, I have been looking to do trip to mex 4 awhile. 5-6 days sounds perfect keep me posted. Joe

Professor
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I would propose the following as possible trip dates.

Departure Return
Sat 2/17 Fri 2/23
Sat 3/17 Fri 2/23
Sat 4/14 Fri 2/20
Sat 5/12 Fri 5/18

These are all new moon times with good tidal action. I’m probably good for two of these trips. Another thing to keep in mind is that it’s definitely possible to get weathered out that time of year. It’s also possible to get into some kick but good white sea bass fishing. Send me an email if your interested and lets get to work on putting a trip or two together.

Knot Now
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I will try to make at least one of the trips, but for now I am going to concentrate on getting new electronics installed. I would love have a planning meeting.
Phil

scuttlebutt
12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
I am also interested in the the last two months of the proposals. Trip planning meeting would be good. Not familiar with Sacramento reef though. Exactly where is it by Lat and Long?

Professor
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Sacramento Reef is located a couple of miles below Isla San Jeronimo and about 225 miles below San Diego. I believe the coordinates are 29° 44’ 115° 49’. I’ll schedule a meeting at my house in January for all the interested fishermen.

Honeygirl
12-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Im good for April, Let me know the date of the meeting. Thanks Joe

scuttlebutt
12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to it. Hope mtg is in the eve or anytime on a Sunday. Went out and caught 9 yellowtail the other day in my favorite spot 6 miles west of the islands running north and south hitting the paddies. Have to be there early morning and head home by 1pm as the wind really comes up. Y/T run 8 to 12 pounds. Good eating size. Is anyone fishing the SD bay bass tournament? Sent my app in today at the main post office. Usually fish it every year and have come close to the money but this year with new boat in the water my partner and I will spend more time checking out spots before hand. Everybody have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

yellowfin1
12-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Yale,

I'm interested in any SCI trips this winter/spring but, probably cannot afford a SAC reef trip. The holidays are putting a strain on the wallet. I'd lie to attens a planning meeting though.

Thanks,
Scott