PDA

View Full Version : Fished Thursday 11/30

yellowfin1
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Solo trip to LJ kelp are revealed no willing yellowtail so I ventured off the beach a bit in search of some bottom critters. Tried a few drops with a two hook dropper loop setup with strips of smelt and to my amazement found a 17 lb yellowtail lurking in 320 feet of water. Thought it was a big ling when it started ripping drag at 300+ feet. Also another first for me. A nice size calico from the same depth! Topped it off with several nice bocaccio and vermillions.

Heard only two ther boats on the water. One caugt several nice rockfish off of La Jolla and the other reported two legal halibut at the entrance to MB.

Will post the pic of the 17 lb tail and the 2.5 lb vermillion as soon as I can download them from the cell phone.

Beautiful day on the water! Oops I played hookie again.

NoSlack
12-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Looks like might have head up that way on Monday and poach you spot. Nice winter tail action. They may be on the squid like they were last December when Jeff and I ran into some big fish up there.

I'll add in a few points on the leader board for ya.

Mike

Time Out
12-01-2006, 06:08 PM
You know Scott they have names for guys like you. Guys that take off work
and fish the middle of the week.

HARD CORE

Great Job

Russ

Malu Lani
12-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Scott I saw you going up Clairemont Dr on Thursday with your arc and top up how do you get away with no damage. May be a midnigth run with a chain saw to clear the route .

DOGHOUSE26
12-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Mike those big ones are still biting up at Cat just at the same time as last year; when the bite up there fades I'll be @ the spot 0400 with the lights out over the side, give it another 1-2 weeks

yellowfin1
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Malu Lani,

There are a couple spots along Clairemont Dr where you absolutely have to be in the inside lane as there are some trees that would take out the arch/antenas if you are in the inside lane. Other than that..No problem.

Thanks Mike.