PDA

View Full Version : 12/21 no squid

NoSlack
12-21-2006, 12:23 PM
No Squid means no tails or whities.

Metered all over La Jolla form 4am to gray light and never found any squid. Just before dawn I made my way over to Scripps pier to pick up some macs.

Soaked the macs for 3 hours then came home.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the report. Did the 1/2 day catch YT this morning?

NoSlack
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
They were way south and to the outside looking for cod until 9, them they move to the south end of the kelp when I was heading in. If the 1/2 day reports yellows I would say they caught them at the south end off PB pier.

Two boats were setting up there when I left.

If you're going to fish halibut in the next few days, pm me or call me. I saw an area that looks real sweet. I might get back out and work the spot over in hopes of a #40.

Mike

yellowfin1
12-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Good seeing you on the water Mike. We had pretty much all of La Jolla to ourselves. We ended up the days with some nice bocaccio, vermillions, sand bass, and a couple other rockfish. Oh ya, some of the biggest macks and bonitas I've seen as well. Tossed back two real nice lings. I never seem to get the bigger lings until they are out of season! Tried the area you recommended for halibut later in the afternoon with no luck. Lotsa bait still around in the afternoon though.

Out here,
Scott

NoSlack
12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
It's not really prime halibut time, but I though that area had all the right signs. I'd like to get back up there over the weekend and give it a good look.

Mike

iclypso
12-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey Mike,
Probably gonna do some halibut fishing on Sunday but will be going out of O'side. Let us know how the honey hole works out...preferably with pictures of a 40#!