PDA

View Full Version : Fuel

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 07:53 AM
#0, Fuel
Posted by KnotNow on Apr-23-04 at 10:10 AM

Can I get a discount on fuel in MB?
I am going (hopefully) to launch the "Knot Now" tonight - New bottom paint and new steering linkage bushings. The gauge only show 1/4 tank and as this boat is new to me I am thinking I need 100-140 gals.

Any suggestion on fuel additives?

See you at the BBQ.

Phil
Knot Now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Fuel
Posted by Nomad on Apr-23-04 at 10:40 AM
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-04 AT 10:40 AM (PST)

There are no Blackman discounts in Mission Bay but I believe there's a 10% discount for Mission Bay Marlin Club members (http://www.missionbaymarlinclub.org) at Dana Landing fuel.
Charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Fuel
Posted by NoSlack on Apr-23-04 at 11:05 AM

Give SO Cal Truck Stop a call and get the thier current price on red dye before you leave the house. I paid $2.09 on the street for red last week.
So Cal is on Tideland in National City. 5 south to Mile of Cars Way. Take a right towards the water and right on Tidelands.

If you're in east county, try Hi-Way market fuel on Molison just south of the 8. They also have red on tap.

Mike

#3, RE: Fuel
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Apr-23-04 at 03:31 PM
In response to message #2

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-04 AT 03:34 PM (PST)

Bring about 20' of hose enough to go from Nomads to Time Outs slip; his tank is generally full and he sleeps through anything!
I use Soltron but the only place I know is Pearson's Fuel in San Diego next to the Marlin Club.

Be carefull, when my guage reads 1/4 I have around 20 gallons.

#4, RE: Fuel
Posted by Nomad on Apr-23-04 at 05:16 PM
In response to message #3

Thats right, I'm always a sleepin. Just waitin for the next rod steelin, reel gabbin hombre to set foot on the Nomad. Ya just gotta ask your self one thing, do ya feel lucky?

#5, RE: Fuel
Posted by Tuba8 on Apr-23-04 at 07:00 PM
In response to message #4

I suggest anyone coming to visit Charlie they call out his name at least 40 feet away and wait for the sound of a triger reset.
Just to avoid any nasty mishaps if you know what I mean.

#6, RE: Fuel
Posted by Bluewater on Apr-23-04 at 09:16 PM

I have received a discount at Islandia and Dana for 100 gallons and over. I think it was 5 cents a gallon if my memory serves me right. Perhaps it was 10 cents. I don't take on 100 gallons + too frequently, and judging by the prices right now, I'm going to be careful about wild goose chases this summer.
I only use Islandia now, as I figure it has higher volume and turnover, given that the fleet is moored here. I have pumped perhaps 4000 gallons of diesel from Mission Bay without any bad fuel.

Tom