PDA

View Full Version : 2/10 No T for me

NoSlack
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Spent the morning looking over the area off La Jolla where the weather bouy was a couple years ago. The area look prime for the T-sharks to move into. The water was 58, blue and loaded with bait. The bait was just hanging out in the 100'-150' range and made a brief apperance at the surface during the slack.

If the baits not balled up, there aren't any Ts working. After 4 hours of jig dragging I tossed in the towel.

Mike

iclypso
02-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the report, Mike. It looked like a pretty good day to be on the water early on.

I have an unconnected question for you: have you put any sound insulation inside the engine compartment? I've been thinking about putting in an order to McMaster-Carr for some soundproofing sheets.

NoSlack
02-10-2007, 04:26 PM
My engine cover has about 2" of insulation on the inside.

Here's a picture of Brian's cover.

http://www.bocapix.com/data/512/medium/IM000121.JPG

DOGHOUSE26
02-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Dan,

I have the lead lined foam-type soundproofing on my hatch and on the rear transom cover above the engine hatch hinge and it works OK; however I've been on a few 26s that have the insulation lining the complete interior of the engine room as well and it really knocks the noise down, but that's alot of additional weight to add and I'd probably nick up the facing too much. I think I paid $50-75 per sheet some years ago when I reinstalled it; bought it from SD Marine Exchange.0

Thanks for the T report Mike, maybe a down day with weather approaching. I was going to go Humbolting last night but chickened out when we saw the Islandia Flag straight out horizontal @ 4PM. My buddy went Thursday night had them within visual under the boat but he cut the heads off the first 3 they caught and the school followed the heads to the bottom and never came back up. Seaforth had over 200

hijole
02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I put the insulation around the engine and still thought it was too loud. The noise shut off when I wrapped the insulation above the turbo. The 26 has that small compartment above the floor. Remove those screws and put the insulation up the back and then let it hang on the front. At first I almost over ran the starter because I couldn't hear the engine anymore. No more yelling while riding full speed.

I bought the insulation from Ilbruick back east 19 years ago.
We didn't have the internet then and I think I paid about $150 for a 10" roll. More than I needed so if it is still sold the same maybe someone can share the cost.
http://www.illbruck-sonex.com/