PDA

View Full Version : day with dad....

fireescape
02-11-2007, 05:32 PM
http://www.bocaboard.com/data/566/flattie_2-10-07_002.jpg

Spent the day on the water with my dad. Worked Blacks area, NO drift in the AM, but picked up in the afternoon. water was still 58.7 vis about 20'. great day with dad, and a 13.6# was a bonus! zack

NoSlack
02-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Nice to see a good fish come from that beach. For me it's a make or break day when I fish up there. I'll go 4 or 5 trips without scratching a bait before the big pay off comes over the rail. Stay after it and you'll be posting a 100 point fish before long.

This could be the year if you don't pick up 100 points in the halibut slot, you'll be chasing the pack all year.

Mike

iclypso
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Nice fish, Zack. Not a bad day for February!

DOGHOUSE26
02-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Nice to see a good fish come from that beach. For me it's a make or break day when I fish up there. I'll go 4 or 5 trips without scratching a bait before the big pay off comes over the rail. Stay after it and you'll be posting a 100 point fish before long.

This could be the year if you don't pick up 100 points in the halibut slot, you'll be chasing the pack all year.

Mike

Halibut fishing on a day like yesterday after the storm? Oh my, competition is going to be tough this year, your 100 point prediction Mike is probably on the mark! Was the 1st Place prize changed to a new car instead of jackets this year?

By the way nice catch!

Honeygirl
02-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Just wait till the larger WSB show up. I'm going for the 50+ this year, Plus we have a trip planned to Santa Rosa Island. I hear there’s some big barndoors up there. It’s going to be a race to the end.

NoSlack
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I heard first place is a new car or something like that, and second and third split Charlie's 2007 fuel bill. :eek:

With Joe Targeting the WSB some of us south land slackers will need to make the effort or fall 100 points back in that area.
It was nice in the good old days when we were all to lazy to make the run up to Cat and fill the WSB slot.

Mike