PDA

View Full Version : 26' Blackwatch

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 07:54 AM
#0, 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Nomad on Mar-19-04 at 06:25 PM

Anybody get a look at the 26' Blackwatch at the Fred Hall show. What do you think?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Secret Spot on Mar-19-04 at 07:22 PM
In response to message #0

Sure was pretty! Lotsa wood to care for. . . Kinda had that Betram look to it. She felt really solid when I pounded on her?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Nomad on Mar-19-04 at 07:36 PM
In response to message #1

Like the older Bertrams maybe. Since they were bought out by the Italians the new Bertrams have a very European look. I don't like it, saw them back at the Miami boat show in February.
But I like the lines of the BlackWatch. Great finish on what looks like a solid hull design. Not sure about the quality though, they're aren't many around.

#3, RE: 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Secret Spot on Mar-19-04 at 07:55 PM
In response to message #2

Yeah, it was really just that cut out arc on the back of the flybridge that looked like the older Bertrams. I know it was catch'n alot of looks though. I'm kinda partial to a Blackman. . .

#4, RE: 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Nomad on Mar-19-04 at 08:14 PM
In response to message #3

Yup, me too. Quality that's built to last.

#5, RE: 26' Blackwatch
Posted by Tuba8 on Mar-21-04 at 02:14 PM
In response to message #4

I spoke to the salesman about the boat at the show he has ordered his boats with some changes from the florida boats I like it the cabin was large the walk around very small would have trouble fighting a fish a moving from back to front the caulk pit is very small comp. to the blackman. He told me the boat can be ordred without all the ext wood its an extra to get the wood it can be ordered in a V drive set up. The next boat he has coming the deck boxes are twice as deep and can be removed. All in All a nice boat price tag is 140K with out electronics to much for to little I think.

IRish Wake
05-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Good loking boat! I wonder how the hell you tow it into Baja.Its beam is 9'9".The road just So.of San Quintin is ~ 9ft.The salesman claims it weighs in the 6400lbs range,looks a lot heavier to me.Don't know if it will fit beneath our overpasses,with the Blackman we can lower the arches.I got the Blackman because I felt it was about the largest boat I could tow to L.A.BAY. kevin

Nomad
05-01-2004, 05:18 PM
They have a folding radar arch now which takes care of the low bridge but that wide beam would keep me stateside unless I was going down by sea!