PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 07:55 AM
#0, Powder Coating
Posted by Captn_Hook on Mar-17-04 at 07:03 AM

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-04 AT 07:03 AM (PST)

Guys:
I took my current volvo (coroded and faded) instrument panel to a great powder coater in the sorrento valley area. It came out absolutly beautiful. I installed all new gages (100 bucks..Thanks ebay!) rewired it all and it is sweet. I now have my entire arch over at the shop getting done. This company does truly awesome work. It is owened by a fisherman and his prices are also very reasonable. To blast and coat my panel, was 20 bucks. My arch was quoted at 75.00. Very good prices and honest work. I will post pics when it is all back togather. I also decided to give Malone another try and had all new cusions done. They looked great BUT they were all backwards, did not fit and had to be redone. Arrrrrgh! thats another story. If any of you need powder coating done though, I highly recomend you call Kel coatings. They are listed. They do small and large parts and have a lot of colors to choose from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Powder Coating
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Mar-17-04 at 08:51 AM
In response to message #0

Doug,
Are you talking about work you are doing on the Hook or did you end up moving up to a Billfisher? I know you were looking but, didn't realize that you already id it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Powder Coating
Posted by Captn_Hook on Mar-17-04 at 09:19 AM
In response to message #1

Scott: This is more cosmetic work I am doing on the hook. I put the 26 on ice for now due to pending real estate purchase. Wife says the Hook stays until further notice. Looking real good though.

#3, RE: Powder Coating
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Mar-18-04 at 09:12 AM
In response to message #2

Outstanding Doug,
Pretty cool getting your boat dialed in for just a little money isn't it? I'm in the process of re-fiberglassing and re-surfacing my cockpit deck. Then I will tackle cleaning and painting the bilge and storage areas below deck. Lotsa work but, I' m sure that the boat will be stronger and better able to withstand moisture beneath the deck when I'm done. Besides now my deck will all be one color when I'm done. I've always said that this will be my last boat so in order to make that true I'll need to do all this weatherproofing and hopefully the boat will last another 15-20 years. I too have had to put off the re-power that I wanted to get done this spring due to financial constraints.

Later,

#4, RE: Powder Coating
Posted by Captn_Hook on Mar-18-04 at 02:48 PM
In response to message #3

The deck sounds like a fun project. I would like to check it out when you start cutting. Definatly doable and will add years to your investment. Cheers!