PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Tsharking

Time Out
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Weather was great seas flat not much wind we started off looking around the weather B. not much to see no bait balls. worked north a few miles located a large area of birds working small bait balls very large Macs under the bait fill the tank with them we kept the smallest and through back the big ones. trolled around the birds for an hour or so with no action. headed west when we hit 8 or 9 hundred feet we got our first zip not on for long 20 seconds the jig was hammered a kink in the cable about three feet from the jig. We put two fresh mac on started to work the are lost two more with very short runs that was it for the day back to the dock at 3pm great day.

Russ

NoSlack
04-29-2007, 09:07 PM
I thought you were fishing the rockcod tournament. If I knew you were on the outside, Glenn and I would have pushed off the beach and kept you guy company.

Looks like it's time to set a few days aside for the heavy gear.

Mike

Time Out
04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
We dont fish to many tournaments Jeff tells me three fish were taken one in Oceanside and two by us did I see you fishing in the bay late Saturday ?

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
04-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I was told a 285# was weighed @Dana Today, and several others fought.

I think the 2 week window just opened, time to get on it!

NoSlack
04-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Russ

Glenn and I were sitting on the north side of the bridge around 2:30 waisting the last few pieces of bait. Last bait down and Glenn pulls up are only halibut of the day.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
3250 11721 were the numbers today for 3 fish; a 80 & 120 release and a 180-200 kept by my buddies on the Scotts Johnny at the PM slack. No signs, just blind strikes . 2 others taken by 2 other boats; a 225# + and a huge beast the actually bent and folded the Dana Scale Arm rendering it useless. My buddy was fueling up when they brought it in and he thought it might go over 500 yes 500!

Yellows going off at the Rockpile. Decisons decisions what are we going to do?

fireescape
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Nice job on the T's Jeff!!!! I'm really happy to up here in beautiful downtown riverside for the next ten days.....#&#@% I hope all you guys get to go out and pull on those beasts. save some for me when i get back.
have fun...zack